The Walking Dead Season 6! Sunday October 11th 2015!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You know, I hate to say it, but perhaps you're very right. Kirkman has done his best to make a dollar out of 15ยข. Bravo for him. Still, I'm beginning to think the fat-cat-getting-fatter syndrome has really snuck in.

Hell, the guy is a head of Image comics now! If you're reading the comic, sure, you can get wrapped up in the moment, but globally the comic is sucking wind...which is a huge pitfall for an open ended story.

I do think that Kirkman is still very much interested in the show, as well as the comic, yet inherently he's a great idea man who lacks in execution from time to time. Kirkman is certainly no Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Garth Ennis or Neil Gaiman.

ex_mixer likes this.
  2. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Maybe there could be light at the end of this rainbow. If the show starts to tank maybe
    The powers that be will spend some of their profit on better writers.
    They got to be making a killing and it makes no sense to kill the cash cow.
    But who knows I think these people may live in a bubble and think their own
    Anal vapor smells like roses. Makes me think of the Zappa skit on cheepness.
    I say stop with following the comic and just make the best show you can about
    People living in a zombie universe. The producers need to take a class in pride.

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

He's not in the same league as Morrison & co. but...I've mentioned it earlier and I think it bears repeating, have you checked out his other 'baby'; Invincible? It's his take on the Superman mythos and it's terrific! It's too bad he doesn't work for DC.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  4. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

That's it, I'm done with this show. Every episode of this season has ranged from boring to outright rubbish.

5. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Do you guys remember the show Walking Dead sort of replaced? Rubicon. That was a great show! Deserved more than one season.

6. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I remember that once upon a time AMC stood for American Movie Classics, and that now what they mostly show is not American, not a movie, or not a classic.

mikeyt and Hawklord like this.
  7. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

This is a problem with Glen's survival. His survival deflated the tention of Maggie trying to escape up the ladder. Given Glen's survival I knew Maggie would survive leaving the entire scene without any suspense or point. The writers shot themselves in the foot and have no story credibility anymore.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    lbangs, JimC, MikeInFla and 1 other person like this.
  8. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I have been trying to stay upbeat about this show but that last episode was rubbish, especially considering it was a so-called "mid-season finale." (whatever the heck that is!)

Hawklord likes this.
  9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I agree that this show has lost its teeth. I bet given where they left this episode hanging that theyre going to wuss out on killing that kid.

10. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Did you all catch this?

11. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Wow, people really disliked this episode. IMO, it wasn't a classic, but it was far from a Top 10 episode. I really was on the edge of my seat at several points.

Sure, credibility was pushed to its limits, but TWD requires a huge suspension of disbelief even to begin watching. I mean, I am positive the Walkers would have decimated everyone in their sleep by now.

The show is getting long in the tooth, and I think the writers understand that killing off a major character at this point = ratings drop. I cannot tell you how many people swear that if Daryl is killed,
    they're out...and I believe them. It would have been ballsy for the writers to show Glenn witness Maggie getting devoured by Walkers from across the way. But, I also understand how doing something like that may make a character despondent. This is why Morgan's "all life is precious" philosophy is probably NOT going to change; he has simply lost everything. So, if he did not believe that all life is precious, he might still be a loose cannon.

Unfortunately, for those who dislike the writing, I doubt it will improve. AMC has Fear The Walking Dead warming up in the bullpen, and it is a lame, unwatchable, worse-than-B-movie, steaming hot pile of crap. The bridge with Darabont is more than burned, so I don't know what people expect.

Dan

mikeyt likes this.
  12. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I can only
    I can only imagine how this is going to play out.

13. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I think that the kid's death, and his mother's, is how the next half season is going to open.

14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

EVOLVIST likes this.
  15. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

Rubicon was truly superior and one of my favorite shows ever.

Craig and mindblanking like this.
  16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I agree with those rating. The whole season went south after the Morgan episode. I actually enjoyed that episode, but the season never picked up the momentum of the first three after it was broadcast. Everything set in Alexandria has been a dead end, which is especially disappointing considering how big of a role it plays in the comics. I've found myself

Deuce66 likes this.
  17. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Thats how you make a satisfying, but gut wrenching, ending to an episode, but a poor way to begin one unless you up the ante even further in the following hour. This just seems like another poor set up for a cliffhanger that'll be weaseled out of somehow.

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

you were not dreaming...

19. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

there are ambi
    an ambitious writer, and there are plenty around the world can make this an unbelievable series.... well written and forward thinking episodic serialized cliffhangers and all, but they don't want to pay .. thats the problem with everything.. nobody wants to pay writers anymore.

JimC likes this.
  20. Like every other time they've come up to a big baddie. A few key characters die, zombies in the background, the main cast moves to a new location. Another baddie appears. Rinse. Repeat.

JimC and Mazzy like this.
  21. Jesus Christ!

The show we hate to love.

JimC likes this.
  22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

no kidding. did the show "jump the shark" with that piss-poor "mid-season finale"? you'd think that newfangled term would mean some closure/something to look forward to when the show returns.

THIS season?!

23. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

The problem is not only this episode. How many episodes in a row can we endure that are "far from a top 10"? Of the last eight, 2 were good. One was ok, and the rest were somewhere between meh to dumb. Realizing that there are only ten top 10, it would be nice if there were a few that were close enough that it would be difficult to decide which were on the cusp but as you said, we get stuff that is far from top 10 quality.

I'm not suggesting that we quit watching yet. I am telling AMC to fix the show before it is too late. Bring in some real writers.

24. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I am very interested in this because I have not read the comics. I do not know who Negan is. I was debating whether or not I should go ahead and get the graphic novel and catch me up to what may happen on the show. But since it's beginning I have enjoyed not knowing or even having any idea of who may or may not die.

Something else I wondered -- Remember the big Terminus escape? Remember there was a guy locked in a shipping container?? Glenn let him out. WHO was it? Will we ever see him again? Was he Negan? That much I would like to know, so if anyone knows who it was, post a spoiler link with just that information.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

The guy Glenn freed from the shipping container was no one. Walkers jumped right on him almost immediately after Glenn freed him.

MikeInFla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.