The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

Are The Whispers we saw in the show, the extent of what is in the comic book?

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The lack of activity in this thread tell me nothing of note happened last night. Since we're only a few episodes out from the end of the season, my guess is they'll end on some big cliffhanger with Rick about to beat Neegan with his own bat.

After the whole Glenn fiasco I just don't care anymore. I'm a completest, so I'll see it through to the end, but they really need to bring in some new blood to shake things up next year; kill off Rick and Carl, bring in the real possibility of a cure, take the whole cast to Aspen for a ski trip, let some of the dead retain their memories of being alive, give Daryl a shave and a bath. Something. ANYTHING.

3. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

You are correct - nothing or real importance happened I'm afraid...

4. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

Was it me ? It was the first episode of the season during which I haven't slept at all. Ok written and played on automatic pilot with incoherences such as you kill the rapper and then you have to follow us, Sacha, because you have volley ball balls(I admit the metaphor made me smile) or the bombs dropped for nothing that make the zombies come. But at least a little more action -somewhat silly- than before.

5. Nah, The Whisperers (I wrote it wrong the first time), are yet another group that shows up later in the comic book. It's pretty safe to say that this is not a spoiler, given that the "Oceanside" group of women, and the "Junkyard people" aren't even in the comic at all. Neither were "The Wolves."

To tell the truth, if the show ever gets to The Whisperers - who, by the way, are a lot cooler than any of these other non-comic folks in the show - then the show has probably gone on for too long.

Really, the whole Negan & The Saviors story line should have been way cooler than it is on TV, because it was great in the comic, but alas...

You've got me really streaming on thoughts now. The TV show just screwed up Negan. He is barely tolerable on TV. Like, the attempted rape scene last night, that was taken straight from the comic, but see, Negan in the comic wasn't showboating when he stopped the rape. Negan is bastard, sure, but some things he is an absolute saint about, which was cool to see when you have a bad guy. In the comic he was extremely apologetic to the rape victim. In the show, yes, we saw that he doesn't tolerate rape, but no, the program makes as if there's always an another notice behind what he does. No, he can't just hate rapists. In the show he hates rapists, and then uses the whole I-just-did-you-a-favor-so-now-you-owe-me routine.

Of course I don't want the show just like the comic, but damn it, don't go so far out into left-field that we no longer recognize the characters.

Alfie Noakes and Gumboo like this.
  6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

one more episode to yawn through :)

7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Lol. That's pretty funny. Almost as funny as how far in every position Negan can lean without falling over.

Veltri, Lownote30, Shawn and 5 others like this.
  8. One_L

One_L Forum Resident

This current season of the walking dead has the pace of the English Patient. I've lost all excitement and expectations for this series. There are better shows to waste my time with.

zeppage2 and Manimal like this.
  9. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

CBC likes this.
  10. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

I have to admit that I don’t like most rap music, but don’t you think that this punishment might be somewhat exaggerated? ;-)

SteveCooks likes this.
  11. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

Ok as you have noticed English is not my mother language. Good joke ;-)

12. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I find it contradictory that he hates rapists so much, men who force women to have sex with them, and then has a hareem full of women that appear to be forced, or at least manipulated, into having sex with him? Is that in the comics?

Anyway, really enjoyed the last episode. Lots happening, some great Pirates of the Caribbean Zombies, a surprise at the end and some good acting from Sasha.

13. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I don't think anybody has ever denied the show has high ratings. I haven't seen a single dissenter on that. In fact, it's so far ahead of other shows in the ratings list that people ironically don't take much notice when the show actually loses 1-2 *million* viewers.

To the degree ratings matter, it's not unimportant to note that the show's ratings are dropping considerably this season. As previously mentioned, earlier this season the show hit a *four-year* ratings low at one point. Perhaps typically, a ratings dip wouldn't signify that much. But here's the thing:

As someone else mentioned, the whole Negan thing is HUGE in the comic book and there was a TON of anticipation. They spent most of last season building up to the guy. This current season should have the *highest* ratings yet. But between the dropping ratings and continued excoriation from plenty of episode-by-episode reviewers, it's pretty evident the showrunners have totally biffed it when it comes to Negan.

I don't doubt for a second that AMC is seeing 10-20% of the viewership drop off during what was supposed to be the most epic season yet, and they're asking guys like Gimple some hard questions.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Yes, more or less. And it's more interesting in the comic book, because as someone else mentioned in a previous post, he seems even more adamant and more serious about his "no rape" rule in the comic book. Whereas, in the TV show, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and the writers took an intense scene and just turned it into another overacted, mugging-for-the-camera, smirky Negan performance without any nuance. In the TV show, you end up feeling more like Negan is just arbitrarily invoking a "no rape" rule to confuse Sasha and ham it up. In the comic book, as I recall, he's dead serious and I don't think he smiles/smirks/mugs as much when stuff like that happens.

When Negan first came onto the TV show, I was of the mind that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was fine in the role, and it was mostly the showrunners/writers messing it up. But now I'm thinking he wasn't that great of a pick for the role either. He has spent now an *entire* season doing the same one-note smirky performance, with the same exact mannerisms. He's already a caricature before the season is even over.

Jim B., EVOLVIST and Scotian like this.
  15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

The best episode of this season.

Seemed like Rick should have left them a couple of weapons.

Sasha is already committed to the new Star Trek show. See what happens this Sunday.

Aggie87 likes this.
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Part of the problem, I think, is that AMC is wants to milk every penny out of this show, so even though it has the highest ratings on cable and is assuredly making them a fortune, each mini-season is bookended by two high budget episodes where many characters appear, and then a string of episodes on the cheap where only a handful appear. There are times for episodes that focus on only a microset. But when you do it every episode, it becomes clear you're doing it not for art but to save money.

Daryl M and EVOLVIST like this.
  17. Yeah, the thing about Negan in the comic vs. the TV show is that Negan has a strong code, and later we find out all about why he has this code. Most of the code is screwed up, but a lot of it makes sense, to the point where you can see why he became like he is. He's definitely a bad guy, but he can even be likeable at times.

In the TV show he's just all willy nilly about his actions, which has taken a complex character and turned him into a one trick pony.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that the only living character like the comic is still Rick. Maybe Ezekiel.

18. I'm at the point where I can't even stand to listen to Negan speak, his speech pattern of emphasizing random words and awkward pauses every sentence annoys the heck out of me.

I recently watch the movie The Salvation (a western from 2014) in which Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays a character not too far off in viciousness nor situation from Negan. In fact there's a scene reminiscent of that in TWD where he killed Abraham and Glenn and it made me wonder if the Walking Dead producers/writers stole a bit from it.

19. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Final Episode of the season, should be a barn burner!

20. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I like him in the show but do admit he should be fleshed out more and more realistic, he does seem a bit one note bad guy. Great initial introduction to the character I think but they haven't done a lot with him since.

21. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Are we ever going to get a back story on Negan? I seem to recall up the thread someone mentioning that Lucille was named after his wife. I don't recall that being mentioned in the show, but maybe I completely missed it. I just don't see how this guy could singlehandedly get so many to do his bidding with that smirk of his and that one note performance. Surely, Dwight can't be the only Savior to have had enough of this guy...

22. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

Did I miss what happened to Sasha after she left Rosita behind the gate and went in alone into the Negan compound? Did she kill anybody, how was she captured? Was it simply not shown or was it an after-the-credits scene that I missed?

Please don't tell me what happened, just where to find it!

If it was not shown at all, another big buildup to a big pile of nothing.

23. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I hope the DVD will have bloopers.

Lownote30 likes this.
  24. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Like all the times Negan fell over when he leaned a tad too far? HA HA!!!

Shawn, Gumboo and Veltri like this.
  25. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

You didn't miss it. What little we know about it was retold in exposition between her and her captors in the cell. We're left to fill the rest in mentally.

vegafleet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.