The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

Thanks Mdb. Big pile of nothing again. I was actually looking forward to that. Maybe Sasha making a glorious, self-sacrificial last stand and taking out some bad guys with her.
    She has been ready to go for some time now.

I thought with that they could start turning this season around, but nope.

ssmith3046 and EVOLVIST like this.
  2. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

Yawn!

Can anyone explain (or perhaps it was already covered) but why do those garbage women speak in monosyllables? What the hell did they do before the world changed?

3. Mychkine

Mychkine Forum Resident

Someone should tell the producers to invest more than a few dollars in the battle scenes, stupid behaviors and bad choreography made them the lamest I've seen so far.

jriems, vegafleet and ssmith3046 like this.
  4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Are they trying to get this show canceled?

5. How does Shiva the Tiger know which ones are the bad guys?

That should have been Rick she attacked, but only after Negan whacked Carl.

End series. :D

6. Negan - and well, really all the 'enemy' leaders - remain bullet proof. And even I'm not sure I can sit through another season of this plot line.

spewey likes this.
  7. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Any time they ramp the show up and more happens, it's *at least* less annoying.

As usual, after countless episodes of stalling and stretching things out way too much, the finale seemed cluttered (though still with unearned slow, supposed-to-be-poignant moments as well), and while numerous previous episodes should have been chopped down and combined/condensed, the finale probably should have gotten two full episodes.

Most egregiously, the show HEAVILY telegraphed another death. Getting back story and flashbacks for a character, and in a season finale? They're dead.

The idea of having Sasha use the pill was a nice little writing twist.

The whole "who knows what about what and who" problem remains a problem on this show, and it makes stuff like this finale needlessly slightly disorienting. But I expect that from this show now.

I'm not sure how anybody could be reinvigorated by another impotent Rick "I'm gonna kill yew, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow..." speech, as he gave the same speech at the beginning of the season only to see numerous people killed and numerous opportunities squandered. As viewers, we know they'll have to do a "back and forth" and Rick will be victorious at some point. But the actual characters in this show *should* be laughing at Rick, because he has pretty impotent.

I think it's hilarious that Rick was ready to let Negan kill Carl, and without knowing Negan was about to be stopped short, was not even going to give Carl a quick "I love you" or anything. Hilarious.

Rick did do some good faces in this one, including his reaction to the proposition from the scavengers lady, and his reaction to the bomb not going off (I was actually hoping it didn't go off simply because Rosita biffed it again).

Kind of lame there wasn't a single scene where Rick confronted Rosita about her STUPID plan. All we got was a quick explanation from Rosita that they had Sasha.

Tara saying "do it, do it!" over and over to Daryl was kind of funny, and also ridiculous.

CGI tiger was lame, but I realize they probably can't do much better if they're inclined to put it in there. The tiger knowing exactly *who* to eat did seem to be silly.

Negan getting away at the end like Skeletor retreating at the end of a "He-Man" episode was to be expected, but still silly and lame.

The scavengers are still annoying and I still find it implausible that they would have developed their silly language. The main lady's motivations are also muddy. Why would she lose a bunch of people, not to mention risk Rick simply coming back to her place and murdering her entire group? The scavengers are the Ferengi of the Walking Dead universe I guess.

I just sighed when it became apparent we were going to get *another* Jeffrey Dean Morgan speech (several actually depending on how you count them).

As for the bookending bits with Sasha, they just all seemed unearned. She wasn't an interesting or prevalent enough character over her full run to feel very much about her demise. The bits with Abraham in this episode were tedious, and while I sense the actors were trying to do their best with the material given to them, the writing was sub-par and more importantly the *context* the writers gave for these scenes was poorly executed, which is what made the scenes tedious rather than moving or emotional.

8. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I liked it. It was an entertaining season ending episode with some unexpected twists. Eugene's gotta go. What a turncoat! I do wish zombie Sasha had at least injured Negan. I also can't wait to see Dwight and Simon bite it. I hate those two!

CBC and MikeInFla like this.
  9. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Nice and entertaining although a few questionable written scenes that a few of you have already mentioned. The "gun battle" scene was a little confusing. We see Rick on his knees with Carl but right before that scene we see Daryl grab a weapon (It looked as if he was near the front gate), still shooting it out with whoever was left. Wouldn't Negan want to make sure that everyone was apprehended or dead before he started his "on your knees" ritual. Anyway, the gun battle scene with the governor was better executed and filmed. Last night's battle scene looked like a mess, people shooting everywhere. Poor editing in my opinion. They could have done a better job. Not the worst episode, but not the best either.

10. The shootout scene looked like "Battle for the Planet of the Apes." It almost seemed shot-by-shot, only the monkeys with the rifles.

I was entertained, though.

The best part of last night's episode was the Preacher trailer. :)

ssmith3046 and Shawn like this.
  11. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Season started out with a bang, dragged on with way too many one-character episodes, then took forever to get to a somewhat anticlimactic battle that only sets the stage for another battle. No real resolution. Overall it was disappointing.

I'm ready for the Negan storyline to be over and move on to something more interesting. Or they need to turn the Negan storyline into something interesting.

12. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Start to finish......season seven.....sucked.

I watched a few episodes of season four on Netflix recently...the Governor's rebirth...now THAT is the Walking Dead I once loved!!

13. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Ya, agreed. What more could they possibly do????? I'm still in for season 8, I guess!

14. Too funny, I thought the exact same thing.

15. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Sad but true. It'll be a long wait 'til June 25.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Apparently, according to the comics, they spent most of their time on internet music forums.

17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I have enjoyed most of this season so far and still love the show but I thought that final episode was a bit silly.

All that Sasha stuff, completely OTT, and the 'battle' made very little sense. One moment people are crack shots the next they shoot like stormtroopers. And the others arrive 1 second before Carl is going to get killed? Not impressed with the writing.

paulbright81 likes this.
  18. It would been much more effective had Negan bashed Carl upside the head, and THEN the cavalry arrives!

The Walking Dead is a soap opera. We want to see what happens next to Luke and Laura. Without a major death, a "plot twists" like the Garbage Pail Survivors turning on Rick & Crew is not enough. They built this coliseum for bloodlettings. A token death like Sasha's is just that. Nobody cares.

I'll be back for Season 8. Until then it's Better Call Saul, Fargo, Preacher, and The Leftovers (thank god).

DLD, nosticker and Scotian like this.
  19. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I was laughing at that speech also. I started to quote Bogey from Casablanca ! "maybe not today,maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life..."

20. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I may have fallen asleep for this in a past episode, but what happened to Gregory? The last I saw he was still in charge of Hilltop & dabbling at zombie killing. I enjoyed watching Carl holding the rifle right-handed. Must be a deadly marksman since he doesn't have a right eye. The sequences that all started with Sacha with headphones on were all annoying. I'm with Evolvist, time to move on now to much better shows.

21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This was a comment on the Funny or Die site that made me laugh. "My husband and son and I had a good laugh imagining the tiger going after Carl instead after all that and flinging him around like a little Carl gazelle."

Gumboo likes this.
  22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

IIRC, a large group of the Hilltop people told Maggie they'd go with her and fight. Regardless of Gregory being in charge. I guess he's still there at Hilltop though.

Scotian likes this.
  23. Nah, remember an episode back he told one of his dudes to pack up, that they are going on a trip.

Bet you he runs to Negan.

I might be in the minority, but I think the actor who plays Gregory does a fine job on the show, but maybe only because he's the embodiment of the comic book character. I don't think he's as wooden as some of the other actors. *shrug*

rufus t firefly likes this.
  24. i can't sit through another season of Negan. Yawn.
    When the coffin opened he should have been bitten in the neck. End of story.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Gumboo, ssmith3046 and spewey like this.
  25. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Why didn't someone shoot the tiger?

A more satisfying ending would have the tiger bite off Negan's head just as he was starting his back swing. (Much like the shark in Lake Placid.)

CBC, Gumboo, spewey and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.