The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subzro

subzro Forum Resident

Greg Nicotero already confirmed that Rick's smile was due to seeing people and weapons he could use against Negan, not that he saw a familiar face.

2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Then I guess I shouldn't have second-guessed my original assumptions.

3. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

****, I didn't realize it returned. Will check it out now.

4. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I hope it was the group Tara met, just so that there isn't another group to cycle through awaiting finales.

The men could have been hidden from view the whole time to keep the appearance that all men were killed.

5. Now THAT is some BS, bullcrap on top of bull turds. No friggin' way! I still maintain that nobody, NOBODY, unless you're suicidal would react that way facing a complete unknown.

So, Rick smiles, thinking, "Oh boy, allies who will help us take down Negan!" or "Oh boy, we don't have any weapons, but I bet we can take these guns away from these 40 people pointing their weapons at us!"

The next thing you know Rick's thoughts are cut short because the new group unloads their weapons into Rick & Pals, giving Rick nothing to smile about at all.

Hell, for that matter, how could one tell that these people aren't from Negan's group?

Sloppy af.

6. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Yep. He saw the size of the group, the weapons, and then saw somebody he knew (almost certainly Heath) and smiled. It would take all 3 to make Rick smile these days.....

It's people from the group Tara met who hooked up with a few dudes and Heath along the way. Why else even bother with that whole episode if it isn't going to figure into the plotline later in the season?

This stuff isn't that hard to figure out, people.

And where did Nicotero "confirm" that it wasn't a friendly face?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  7. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Where did he confirm that it wasn't a friendly face he saw?

8. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Could be. Or it could all end much quicker. Remember how they spent so many episodes leading up to Terminus only to wrap that whole up in an episode or two the next season? I thought for sure we'd get a whole "Terminus" season at the time. So who knows. The 'war' could last several weeks or a few minutes.

9. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Carl may be down an eye but thankfully he still has his hat.

Gumboo likes this.
  10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

What I'm curious about is why Gabriel left with someone (presumably the person with binoculars who was spying on Alexandria at the beginning of the episode), and left a clue that he was going to the "boat", which is where Rick and co. went and were subsequently captured.

If Gabriel wanted them to know where he was going, why not just tell someone in the first place? What was his motivation to do what he did and take all that food? Or maybe he didn't go to the boat but left that clue to deflect from what he's actually doing?

11. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Well, we don't know yet. And it could be Gabriel that Rick sees. I thought of that at first too, but it seems more likely the Seaside group would run across Heath first and that storyline would probably be swung back around to before Gabriel's.

12. Yeah, what if Father Gabriel didn't know that the person in the woods was in the backseat? It looks like the person raised up from what was possibly a concealed position. (From the backseat?) So, why would the person be lying down only to raise up a little bit down the road? If it's not to be seen by the folks at Alexandria, don't worry, they would have spotted Father Gabriel packing the stuff, pushing the car to the gate, opening the heavy (and noisy) gate, pushing or driving the car out, closing the gate, shutting the trunk(?) then starting the car and driving away. Surely Gabe wouldn't have been the only person on watch when you have a whole compound to watch.

It certainly is a mystery. Only I like my mysteries to be legitimate. If they pull some squirrely business that Gabe did all of this noisy stuff, then to have him know our mystery guest, only to tell the mystery person, "Okay, we're safe now," just a few yards from Alexandria's front gate, that would be too much like TWD to suit me. :)

kwadguy likes this.
  13. videoman

videoman Senior Member

The whole Gabriel thing doesn't make sense to have it resolve next week with whoever it is Rick is smiling at. So I think that has to be a different story line that we will get clued in about later. It was all much too vague to even speculate about.

14. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I hope it's Heath.

Good character.

15. subzro

subzro Forum Resident

Nicotero was on Talking Dead on Sunday. When directly asked about Rick's smile, he confirmed it was due to finding a group of people with weapons Rick thought could help him against Negan.

Also, the mystery figure in Gabriel's car was in the front seat, as it had already been specifically shown that the rear seats were completely full of the boxes of stuff he took.

16. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Are the characters' names, "Jesus" and "The Saviors" just a coincidence?

17. videoman

videoman Senior Member

I saw that too. But he didn't say there wasn't anyone there that he knew. It only makes sense that there would have to be somebody he knew in the group. And why not? We've got a couple of stragglers out there that need to be brought back into the storyline.

And that is exactly the sort of the detail that Nicotero would go out of his way to NOT divulge.

18. videoman

videoman Senior Member

If we have learned anything, it's that no one is dead on the show unless we see them die. No one just disappears never to return.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  19. Even if we never want to see them again! :biglaugh:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Lownote30 and videoman like this.
  20. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Heath just needed 24 hours off.

21. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Refresh my aging memory.....who the heck is Heath?!

vegafleet likes this.
  22. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

[​IMG]

23. Well hush my mouth! Two episodes in a row with nearly the full cast intact? When the hell was the last time THIS happened?

Really, I thought the episode was pretty good. Quibbles aside, I dig the Road Warrior feel to this new group. Their music was straight out of Star Trek. It was weird, but I kind of dug it.

I DID NOT, however, buy Gabriel's reason for bailing, nor Rick's explanation for his smile. If the smile was the setup for Rick and Padre Gabe to have a feel good moment, they shouldn't have bothered.

Now that I think about it, aside from the horrible green/blue screen snafu, so this new group didn't go out and get the supplies from the boat, although they could have been starving, because it wasn't a part of their credo, yet they'll march over to Alexandria, and go through all of that trouble with Father Gabriel, just to finally get it? It seems like they broke their mantra by that act, alone. What's more, how did that many people survive (all with the same haircut, mind you) with a stupid doctrine like that?

Nevertheless, I really appluad the show runners for getting this half of the season off to a healthier start.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  24. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

They're completely ridiculous, but entertaining, and that's all that matters for me

25. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

It sounded like they left stuff at the boat as bait, to see who would get it and follow them home. I guess their thinking was that if somebody could get thru the lake of zombies, they were worthy of following back to their camp.

My WTF question: this group had way more guns to Rick's group's zero, and they expect, with what confidence, that Rick is going to get THEM more guns? Looks like they are setting Rick up for failure. (I know, I know, they don't know Rick like we know Rick.)

Also hoped Rick's fight was longer and better choreographed to make it more exiting. Sort of lame.

EVOLVIST likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.