The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You've made some good points about the new group. It still seems a little dingy, but hey, the group is pretty weird right? They were the epitome of the post-apocalyptic tribes we've grown accustomed to on TV and cinema. They have a lot of land, though. Good for them.

As far as Rick's fight, I was thinking the whole time Captain Kirk and the creature of the week.

But if they really needed to know how bad ass Rick is, they could've just looked on the internet. :rolleyes:

Gumboo likes this.
  2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Per the dialog with Rick, they did not leave it as bait, but they used it as bait.

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

That female leader had the worst haircut ever.

4. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

It was all very low rent Thunder Dome. Was expecting to see Tina Turner any moment.

The producers had to be aware of the Thunder Dome similarities, including throwing Rick into a no-exit enclosure for a fight till dead against a lethal freak. They could have done a much better homage.

Or maybe we are supposed to think that, of course, these deluded and desperate people have modeled themselves after a 1980's popular movie that they all remember seeing. Lacking a strong leader they fell back into copying the Mad Max movies as an organizational mechanism. So it is not that the producers/writers are copying/homaging TD but showing us (in all seriousness, without any irony) a failing group where the adults would have all seen the movies, remembered them and are echoing them.

Very META

5. They all seem to be on Prozac ®

Linger63, vegafleet and EVOLVIST like this.
  6. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Another good little episode. Not the best but certainly not the worst either. I'm glad they're moving things along and not taking 4 or 5 episodes just to be able to solve an issue. One beef i have is Rosita. She's become an obnoxious whinny little bitch. When they first all meet up at the hilltop Sasha and Rosita stare at each other, nod, as if to say let's just bury the hatchet and move on. Then when the group walks out of the Kingdom, Sasha mentions that she felt the King wouldn't join the fight, all of a sudden you have Rosita telling her, why are you telling me this, we're not friends, the only thing we have in common is wee slept with a Abraham who's now dead. Then in last nights episode, Tara tell Rosita that they should regroup and tend to Rick's wounds before heading out and Rosita snaps back with her mouthy comeback. What the hell does she want. She's lucky she's alive after trying to shoot Negan. I feel she's really in this for herself and everyone else is just a nuisance and in her way. I'm surprised Rick hasn't spoken to her yet about her attitude.

Alfie Noakes and EVOLVIST like this.
  7. Yup! That's it! I'm breaking up with Rosita.

8. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Wasn't Rick spending ALL of his time scavenging for the Saviours? Now he has to find guns for this group as well? And with one hand yet. Pace yourself, Rick!

9. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Worst part is the actress shows up on the Talking Dead----that's her real haircut! Yikes!

rufus t firefly likes this.
  10. Sanford and Son meets the Walking Dead. Geez those people must smell.

And it's been what, a few years since the apocalypse and they've already decided to live in a garbage dump and barely speak?

Joey The Lemur likes this.
  11. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Where are they going with this show???

[​IMG]

12. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

You guys are forgetting that in a post-apocalyptic world, there are no hair salons! That bowl cut is an adaptation to their situation!

This show just gets dumber and dumber.

13. balzac

balzac Senior Member

The Rick "fight pit" thing was pretty jump-the-sharkish, and that's saying something for this show.

Even this was done better:

[​IMG]

spewey likes this.
  14. balzac

balzac Senior Member

As was this:

[​IMG]

And for those who watch "Talking Dead", Hardwick was an idiot for (however "jokingly") criticizing Andrew Lincoln for referencing "Star Wars" instead of a specific title when referring to fighting a monster in a pit. He was clearly just referring to "Star Wars" in general, and not the specifically film '77 film.

15. Heh. Yet she cares enough about her hair, and evidently thinks it looks pretty enough to dye the back of it to accent her look.

You reckon there's a surplus of hair dye in the apocalypse? I imagine there would be a lot of it out there, only you'd have to hunt it up and hope you find your shade.

spewey likes this.
  16. balzac

balzac Senior Member

More troubling than Rosita's attitude is the fact that, on screen, *nobody* has taken her to task for commissioning the bullet, shooting the gun, shooting the gun *poorly*, getting someone killed (the lady with the glasses that was inexplicably a source of numerous Negan fat jokes), and getting Eugene kidnapped.

Nobody is wondering if maybe she's a loose cannon at this point that might do something like that again without telling anyone? She seems to threaten she'll do just that to Tara at the end of the last episode.

Alfie Noakes, jriems and Rubber65 like this.
  17. And there must be a ton of eye brow wax as seemingly all the females on the show keep their eyebrows in tip-top shape.

Alfie Noakes and spewey like this.
  18. balzac

balzac Senior Member

What also makes no sense (and yes, I know the actress tried to explain this on "Talking Dead") is that this Thunder Dome-esque community has already been reduced to minimal language/communication, somewhere between modern English and grunting, as if we're 1,000 years into the apocalyptic future instead of five years or however long it's supposed to have been.

So we're now we're up to, what, FIVE different communities to juggle on this show? Alexandria, the Saviors, the Hilltop, the Kingdom, and now this Thunder Dome ripoff?

Next week I anticipate Rick and the crew will run Doctor Zaius, Cornelius, and Zira on the Planet of the Apes.....

jriems, spewey and EVOLVIST like this.
  19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

There is another community where Tara was at with the all women group who have plenty of guns.

rswitzer and vegafleet like this.
  20. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

I guess the characters in the show can't comment on the Thunder Dome similarities in their dialog because of copyright problems. The producers were probably walking a thin line legally between homage/reference and copyright infringement with the visual cues of this new group.

I didn't see Talking Dead (never have), did they mention specifically Thunder Dome by name?

21. balzac

balzac Senior Member

They apparently live in a world/universe where the word "Zombie" doesn't exist and neither do zombie movies like "Night of the Living Dead", etc.

The show keeps the references to pop culture of past or present minimal. In general I suppose that's a good idea (if somewhat unrealistic), but then it becomes jarring when Deanna has a mourning session over her dead son by playing a Nine Inch Nails song on a mix CD.

22. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Good point. Rick didn't even address his own son for going to Negan's camp and killing a few men. It looks that both those story lines have been completely dismissed, along with Eugene who was taken by Negan. No mention of him or nothing. And another thing is where the hell is Heath. No mention of him, nothing. Didn't Tara go back to the bridge after the running into that all women group and notice that the RV was gone. Where in the hell did he go?

23. balzac

balzac Senior Member

It appears we're going to get an episode that probably delves into the Eugene/Negan thing more than most would care to see. I don't understand what the deal is with Eugene or the actor playing him. He has literally had that "about to cry" look on his face for the whole season, complete with holding his arms up and drooping his hands like a five-year-old. I get it, he's disturbed and traumatized by the Glenn/Eugene thing. But to have him be *that* messed up but still letting him function at all in the group makes no sense.

24. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

That's just their secret language/affectation

25. spewey

spewey Senior Member

They even did a Smokey and the Bandit "tribute"...but it's gonna take more than Snowman's truck to save this season for me...

[​IMG]

vegafleet, kouzie and EVOLVIST like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.