The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I was going to post something along these lines, but balzac's said it already, and better than I could have.

The whole Thunderdome vibe coming off this group ("Take Rick to the up, up, up ,up") was RIDICULOUS. The zombie apocalypse has been "raging" for what, 3-4 years at this point? No way are groups going to start developing their own post-apocalyptic vocabulary in that amount of time. Truly stupid, stupid stuff.

I HOPE Rick runs into the POTA crew this season! That would take stupid to the next level, but I like it better than Sunday's ep.

Do we start calling Rick "Raggedy Man" now?

spewey and EVOLVIST like this.
  2. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I thought I recognized that trailer!

spewey likes this.
  3. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

Are the "Thunderdome" gang in the comic book?

4. No.

I don't think that gives away any spoilers.

Alfie Noakes likes this.
  5. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Two straight episodes without that idiot Negan makes me very happy. And the relationship
    between Daryl and Carol I find.....odd. Not a hint of sexuality at all.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    spewey likes this.
  6. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Carol is gonna lose her $#!+ when she finds out Glenn died.....

Rubber65 and Bingo Bongo like this.
  7. Joey The Lemur

Joey The Lemur Forum Resident

I've always looked at their relationship as her being a maternal figure to him (or maybe older sister).

I've liked these two episodes. Yeah, the show has gone a bit goofy, there's plot holes, gaps in logic and dodgy character behavior, but I turn my brain off and I'm enjoying. It also helps that it hasn't been watching Negan treat Rick's crew like piƱatas for fortysome minutes each week.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    xdawg likes this.
  8. projectcookie

projectcookie Forum Resident

Haha, yes this was quite unusual for me as well. But it's nice to turn off your brain once in ahile.

9. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I don't mind the asexual relationship between Carol and Daryl.

But I find the in-real-time building up of the "Carol Mythos" to be weird and nonsensical. Characters seem to talk about her the way the mafia guys talk about John Wick in the "John Wick" movies. Carol has certainly done some brave things and helped the group, and is tougher than she looks. But she has seemingly been promoted to the toughest, bravest warrior of all time on the show. It's turning into a ridiculous "If Carol were here, she'd beat up everyone in the room" thing.

She is NOT *that* integral to the group in terms of toughness, fighting prowess, etc. She has the nuts/crazy/willing to be cut-throat thing going on. But she doesn't have the physical strength and fighting expertise such that she's like *the* lynchpin of everything and anything. The writers *try* to make her that. For instance, I thought it was *ridiculous* that Carol was able to go toe-to-toe in actual hand-to-hand combat with Morgan when they fought last season.

Carol sneaking in somewhere and setting off a bomb? Sure, that's plausible. Carol mowing down a group with a gun if given the chance? Okay, sure. Carol engaging in hand-to-hand combat with Morgan or most anyone on the show (save I guess Eugene and a few others)? Um, no.

10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I've never perceived any of what you're describing, with respect to Carol.

11. balzac

balzac Senior Member

To me, the weird over-selling of Carol among the showrunners and fans is just emblematic of how that seems to occur with a bunch of characters on the show. Daryl spent seemingly a few seasons doing not much of anything of importance yet remains the most popular character.

Carol is a rather uninteresting character at this stage. When she is there, she's just grating and the whole thing makes no sense. Why are a myriad of people from the "Kingdom", not to mention Daryl, doting on this lady so much? She's brooding and does nothing and helps nobody.

vegafleet likes this.
  12. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

Not even going to read about what anyone here or elsewhere thinks of her - CAROL F'ING RULES. Deal With It.[/sunglasses]

That said, the dialogue on this show has become so rote and stilted and bizarre . I know the whole Kingdom thing is completely obvious and the nose but, is their whole point that society has regressed to Medieval Times or what!?

Ugh, this is making me want to watch Time Bandits.

kouzie likes this.
  13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

And the odd thing is that in real life most people don't LIKE people like Daryl.

14. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

hey, thanks for reminding me, I have Time Bandits on the DVR and need to watch it!

Gordon Crisp likes this.
  15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

It's a thing called 'Genre Blindness' used as a mechanism in many shows like this. It's not unusual.

16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Yep.

It has its issues but I still love the show and it's well acted and directed.

beat_truck likes this.
  17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I'm definitely aware of what it is, and I don't think it's a huge deal. It's not like characters in that universe would still be citing "Night of the Living Dead" after like the first few days it was all going down.

I think part of what happened is that, especially at the very beginning of the show's run when it wasn't yet super-duper popular, they probably felt there was a stigma attached to the word "zombie", it being associated with a lot of crappy b-movies.

18. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I guess that could be right, to make it sound a bit more classy.

I wonder if you had never heard the term 'Zombie' ever and all that went down what you would call them?

19. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

That depends on where you're located. The southeast (minus the part of Florida you're in) embraces people like Daryl. His brother, Merle? Not so much.

MikeInFla likes this.
  20. Okay, so can anyone find anything to complain about this week's episode with Eugene and Negan, other than the fact that Eugene didn't ball any of Negan's women?

I thought the episode for was fairly solid. It was just sort of there: nothing to write home about, but the plus side is that I didn't find any holes large enough to steer the Queen Mary through. That means good, right? :)

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  21. The MAIN annoyance I HAVE with Neegan is how he EMPHasizes his speech every few WORDS. It was in FULL PLAY in LAST night's epiSODE.

22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I did like the Dwight story arc in last night's episode. His relationship with his wife, and how he chose to set up the doctor.

It will be interesting to see how Eugene develops in Negan's environment.

23. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I was dreading this episode, because Negan's "Negan-isms" and Eugene's inexplicable "cry face" have been grating on me all season. To know that this would be an episode of *nothing but* that did not help my motivation.

Having set a super low bar, the episode wasn't *that* bad. I think the Dwight drama stuff is too drawn out. The "letter" his former wife/girlfriend wrote to him made *no* sense, and not from a "frustrated Dwight" point of view, but from a TV-show-writing point of view. Her motivations are super unclear, and I don't think that's what they're going for. She goes on and on about Dwight having a bad memory to the point where I'm unsure if they're trying to say he just has a regular "bad memory", or if she is implying he has some sort of brain damage or mental deficit to the point where he can't remember key, big moments from their relationship *at all.*

But overall, the episode was surprisingly a little better than I expected. The twist with Eugene not just crying for an hour was interesting, and I think they've worked up a bit of genuinely interesting ambiguity as to how much of what Eugene is doing is part of a plan/act, and how much is him really just selling out to Negan to stay safe.

Negan just believing Dwight's convoluted and *very convenient* story about the doctor that not only absolves Dwight but explains why he didn't bring her dead body back, really makes Negan look stupid. Which may be the point, I dunno. I suppose one could argue Negan knows Dwight *might* be lying.

And I'm sorry, is Negan really dumb enough to kill their only (apparent) doctor? Even if it wasn't their only doctor it would be a dumb move. And, even if Negan isn't a genius, he seems to be smart enough to know that the "Doctor" Eugene is claiming to be is a not *Medical* doctor.

24. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

He said they're gonna replace him with his brother, the doctor at Hilltop

EVOLVIST likes this.
  25. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Until someone just shoots or stabs Negan and kills him, it's turning into a joke.

Gumboo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.