The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Negan did state that if Dwight was lying, there'd be hell to pay (or something to that effect). He already clearly thinks it's possible Dwight is lying.

2. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I didn't catch that; I'll have to re-watch that bit again. Does he actually mention the Hilltop doctor's name, or that the Hilltop doctor is that guy's brother? Or does he just make a reference to having "another doctor?"

I'm guessing it was established way back that they were brothers and I just forgot, but I don't recall Negan specifically saying in last night's episode much beyond that they have "another" doctor. But I'll check it out again for sure.

That bit does make *way* more sense now, and will probably tie in to Maggie's need for a doctor going forward of course.

3. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

"Good thing we have a spare Dr. Carson"

4. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Ahhh, that's it. Thank you! I do remember that now; I still wrongly assumed he was still referring to Eugene since they had made a thing about him being a "doctor" earlier in the episode. I just didn't remember any of the previous references to those two doctors being brothers.

5. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I don't think there's been any, but they were brothers in the comics

EVOLVIST likes this.
  6. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Yeah, I just wiki'ed the character list for this season, and both doctors have the same name. I assumed I just missed some passing reference to it earlier in the season, perhaps when the Hilltop doctor was talking to Maggie in the RV or something. But it would be weird if they gave Negan that line if they hadn't referenced the Hilltop guy being the brother on the show.

7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I liked it when Dwight stopped at the 7-Eleven & picked up a nice fresh bag of pretzels for his/Negan's wife. That was romantic.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    EVOLVIST likes this.
  8. My favorite bit was seeing the Atari 2600 and Yar's Revenge.

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. There was a They Might Be Giants moment in the show. Cool! :)

Mazzy, Aggie87 and Lownote30 like this.
  10. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Really tedious episode, I thought. This practice of shooting multiple episodes without involving the highest paid members of the cast is going to be the death of the show. Couldn't really care less about either Dwight or Eugene, frankly...

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Negan really showed how stupid he is killing the doctor based on words of Dwight.

12. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Smart enough not to be killed yet.

13. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Only because he's surrounded by the dumbest of the dumb, apparently. You've got two of his "wives" who are doing their utmost to actually work out a scenario where they can betray him and kill his **** with poison, but you've got dozens of armed individuals in the group that could pop him anytime they want to, but refuse to seize the initiative. No matter how it's written, I just don't buy it.

Why would ANYONE in the Saviors trust ANYTHING that comes out of his pie hole? He just showed everyone - yet again - that he can lie with the best of them, and then turn around and kill a member of the Saviors at the drop of a hat. There should be ZERO trust in this group, and therefore ZERO loyalty.

Negan should have been zombie fodder long ago.

14. And Adolf Hitler should have been killed in 1923, 1926, 1933, 1934 and 1938, but he wasn't. :shrug:

15. Or Kim Jong-un today.

16. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Without Negan, the people in the Saviors group have no supplies. Negan scares them into submission, and also scares other groups into giving him all their stuff.

17. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

That surprised me! I love TMBG!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

amazing that someone could just let themselves get tossed into a fire without fighting back at all....just saying

Manimal and jriems like this.
  19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

One scene I did like from this episode was when Negan turned Eugene. We saw a glimmer of Negan's leadership ability by making Eugene feel safe, respected & wanted. It kind of reminded me of Randall Flagg in Stephen King's The Stand. That's how you get someone's loyalty. His not so great leadership ability was BBQing one of the few actual, remaining doctors. But I did come up with something I liked from a miserable episode, so there's that.

20. If he had fought back they would have had to pay him more.

Lownote30 likes this.
  21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

this might spice up the show a little bit :p - zombie sharks

[​IMG]

Manimal and Alfie Noakes like this.
  22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I keep thinking of Andrea and the Governor.

She had many chances to kill him but didn't and wound up dying.

23. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

I finally decided to give up on this show. Watched the season opening bloodbath last fall and it just seemed like such a wrong turn. After that I just let the remaining episodes pile up on the DVR. I finally gave into the fact that I just don't care about the show anymore. Last night I went in and cancelled the season pass and deleted the unwatched episodes.

GentleSenator and Gumboo like this.
  24. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

She wasn't a murderer though! Her 'thing' was that she wasnt a killer. You don't just kill people even in this sort of world.

I do feel that it makes no sense that Negan hasn't been killed by now. Its not as if he walks around with guards, all it takes is one gun shot.

At first I thought he had loyalty from his group through some kind of mixture of personality and survival instinct, and maybe a bit of fear. But all his group fear him intensely, and you can't survive in that scenario, especially if he is taking people's wife's and killing people for fun.

Shawn and jriems like this.
  25. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I know right! Human nature is baffling. Kill that fat boy and get some cable, BBQ ribs and some beer man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.