The Walking Dead Season 7! Sunday October 23rd 2016!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I'm still wondering if they'll follow the comic and reveal

that Negan is Maggie's half brother (and more significantly uncle of her unborn child).

ubiknik and paulbright81 like this.
  2. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

3. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Yup, so much untapped potential

4. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Just checking into this thread to see if I should regret turning my back on this show after the season premiere. After reading the above article, it sounds like I made the right call.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  5. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Same with us. We watched the season premiere and one or two shows after that and the rest of the season has been languishing on the DVR. We have discovered so many other better quality shows to watch - Justified, Luke Cage, Fargo and others - that we simply have no desire to return to TWD. We're not out yet but for us the show really unwound after losing first Frank Darabont then Glen Mazzara.

From the above article: "The Walking Dead’s season premiere wasn’t noxious because it was too gruesome. It was noxious because it deployed violence without the more meaningful qualities that made the examples in the previous paragraph so effective: surprise, humor, and heartbreak, respectively."

Essentially, we simply don't care much about what happens to the characters any more. And I've grown to really dislike Carl.

Solaris and Gumboo like this.
  6. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

yep. the loud unbearable strikes on Glenn's lifeless body, and then credits would have been a sublime ending to season 6.

7. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

Add another hand raised in agreement! They actually had a great set-up for that episode too, if they'd simply focused it on Maggie's deteriorating health and the urgency to get her to the other community, then could have yanked the rug from everyone with the two deaths at the end - instead, we got interminable scenes of Negan's dragnet to surround them in one episode and even more scenes of Rick's...everything in the season premier. That really could have been one great episode.... and still left us with something of a cliff hanger on Maggie's condition...

Hall Cat and DLeet like this.
  8. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Looking forward to the second half of the season.

beat_truck and Lownote30 like this.
  9. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Man I think I'm done. I didn't watch the last episode, just had a buddy quickly tell what happened. I'm just tired of the same formula. I may change my mind but right now I'm not enthused.

Gumboo likes this.
  10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Ian Anderson
    They have two children: James Duncan Anderson, also a musician; and Gael, who works in the film industry and is married to actor Andrew Lincoln, star of the US TV drama series The Walking Dead.[20]:laugh:

11. BrentR79

BrentR79 Forum Resident

Wow, I guess the people who said they were done with the show weren't kidding. Just finished season 7 on Netflix and came here to see others opinions and it's just me and the crickets. I guess the season ended okay, but the first twelve episodes could have been condensed into 6 to make a pretty good 10 episode season.

12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

These garbage people man "I lay with him after" "we win". How many generation to get a group of folks talking like this AND they are a successful group? Stupid

GentleSenator and beat_truck like this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

looks like the talking is over

[​IMG]

14. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Bengal tigers and garbage people!

15. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

They forgot to bring their Jumping Shark.

Enjoyed six seasons, but that Season 7 was a stinking pile of crapola. Unbearable. Constant whining and an endless parade of idiotic decisions, not sure if I should bother with season 8 - more totally amateurish and unbelievable recoilless "firefights" ?

16. HippieDrill

HippieDrill Forum Resident

i lost interest after the 2nd episode. Probably the least interested i've ever been in the show and i've been a fan since the 1st season. I might catch up on season 7 later but i'm in no real hurry to do so.

17. beat_truck

beat_truck Forum Resident

If you thought season 7 was that bad, don't even bother with season 8. It did had some good stuff, but LOTS of poorly written, inconsistent, cringe worthy stuff. I'm still watching, though.:crazy: Too late to give up now.:uhhuh:

18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

The very first episode was so good, too bad it couldn't maintain.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  19. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I felt the same way, as the 1st Episode waiting to see who would meet the wrong end of Lucille, was maybe the most intense hour of TV Drama I have ever seen, and was also interesting how Rick's Mind was going crazy when Negan took out for a ride to think about the future(Rick's Future). Then the rest of the season fell flat and why was Maggie provided hardly any screen time the rest of Season #7? And how was it so easy for Daryl to just escape the Savior's Compound? The only other episode in Season #7 that stood out for me was the one when Negan played that 'friendly' game of Outdoor Pool to see if his opponent(who was going to backstab Rick) had any 'Guts'(apparently, he did have a lot of 'Guts'-haha).

Hopefully, the new Showrunner(who is replacing Gimple) will lead to a better future in Season #9, but we have the rest of Season #8 to get through first.

Manimal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.