The Walking Dead Season 7! Sunday October 23rd 2016!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I'm sure you're right.....and I'm hoping we find out more about Negan....because if he's been this sadistic all along...I would find it hard to believe he could gather such a large group under his control.

2. Paul Mazz

Paul Mazz Senior Member

Isn't it the same question with tyrants everywhere in the real world? There have been many brutal sadistic tyrants throughout history. Negan doesn't seem all that unrealistic to me. A core group of loyal followers seems to help- not that I really understand that kind of control.

Barnabas Collins and EVOLVIST like this.
  3. And you know, in the comics I'm pretty sure they didn't go into any of the particulars of how Negan "came into power." They show stuff where it makes you see the bad AND good in Negan, but that's about it.

Only now is there a mini comic that's been coming out that shows some of Negan's. The guy is pretty much an enigma, but like @Paul Mazz alluded to, there have been all sorts of horrid leaders that people have followed over the years, where either deep in their heart's they knew it was wrong, or they were too brainwashed to care.

I'm not even sure if the flipside is Rick. What if Rick was already in the road to becoming Negan - providing for his people at all costs - only Negan had gotten there faster due to whatever circumstances lead him to this point? I mean, Rick sure was wasting a lot of Negan's people recently.

spewey likes this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think it's funny that so many here seem to hope or think the show might shed introspective light on a character. when was the last time we had anything even attempting to resemble something "deep"? the comical backstory of the governor?

character development died with shane.

5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

6. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Rick and co. are looked upon as a band of insurgents that infiltrated their compound and slaughtered everybody in it.

Killing two of Rick's people seems fair, no?

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  7. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I was thinking the same thing. If Morgan was on his knees with Rick's group. How would he have reacted. Would he have been all like serenity now, even Negan's life is precious, or would he have realized, "**** i need to rethink this all life is precious" mantra. Can't wait to see his what he has to say about what happened once everyone is back in Alexandria.

8. L.P.

L.P. Forum Resident

All life is precious. If you believe that, you can't be surprised by a situation of extreme cruelty, because that's something you should have considered in the first place. Like those believers in god who are surprised when something bad happens to them and they lose their faith in god because he didn't protect them. Shouldn't they have noticed in the first place that there are no signs of divine interventions to be seen, so why should he start with them.

But believing that all life is precious shouldn't get in the way of self defense, so Morgan shot that guy that shot Carol. More interesting is what he would have done in the situation of Carol, when she killed that girl that stabbed her sister. That was a real dilemma.

Rubber65 likes this.
  9. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I don't think the Saviors get to claim the moral high ground when the punishment is bashing people's brains in in front of their loved ones. A bullet to the back of the head? Okay maybe then you'd have a point.

10. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I just watched this week's show last night even though I saw pics of Glenn all over the place. Was this a shock if the comic book had him die too? It was pretty grotesque in those scenes. I don't think we needed to see that much human gore. Usually I don't get grossed out but Glenn's death really grossed me out with the eye, etc. Ugh.

Should be an interesting season.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Did Maggie's medical emergency somehow vanish when they got captured?

Shawn likes this.
  12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Seriously. Negan is a nutjob who relishes his sadistic way of maintaining "law and order." Rick doesn't enjoy the violent things he's had to do like Negan appears to enjoy it. They're two very different kinds of leaders.

Did Rick & Co. make a mistake attacking the compound that the Saviors were holding the Hilltop folks in? Most definitely. They got cocky, and now they're paying the price for that mistake. The difference is that Rick realizes what that poor decision has led to. Negan wouldn't be losing any sleep over it if he was in Rick's shoes, and would likely do it all over again in a heartbeat.

13. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Pretty much. She still looked pretty sickly and weak after the whole ordeal, but it'll be interesting to see if they return to it or not.

14. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

If only The Walking Dead truly illustrated the true consequences of an apocalypse, it would be much darker.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  15. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

Between the bazooka blast, the attack on the satellite station, the people killed by Maggie and Carol at the "killing floor", and a few others killed in the "burnt forest" episode (Abraham and Sasha killed at least 2), Negan must have lost about 20+ followers to Rick's group by the time we meet Negan. (Can somebody go back and count?)

Maybe Negan is really the voice of restraint? Two of yours for my twenty?

But really, my point is that Rick's group must subjectively be seen as the bad guys by the Saviors.

guidedbyvoices and Hall Cat like this.
  16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

If by "bad guys" you simply mean in opposition to them, then yes. But it doesn't automatically make the Saviors the "good guys." Good guys don't gleefully smash in the heads of people in front of their loved ones or mentally break them down into a blubbering mess.

17. BrentR79

BrentR79 Forum Resident

The saviors may see Rick's group as bad guys, but with a company motto of:

"Give me half your ****, or we kill you."

I don't think they view them as "the" bad guys.

Edit: Looks like Bryan beat me.

18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

It wasn't really dealt with while they were all kneeling (though she didn't look any better), but at the end of the episode she elected to head on to the Hilltop alone while the others returned to Alexandria. Sasha elected to go with her.

That's where they were taking her originally because of her medical issues in the first place, when Negan's folks captured them. I am guessing she has a lot of guilt because it was her they were trying to help when they got caught.

19. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

More like 40 at least

20. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

As usually we are far beyond in terms of seasons here in germany. I watched a few episodes a while back with those bads guys, who apears later on- actually last night here on Tv when Rick was waiting for Michonne and Clark to return with some food etc. I could see his face on the balcony when Rick sat ther benaeth hidden with an UZI. Anyway - I really love thses episodes - The Farm, The Prison, Woodbury and that psychopathic 'governor' attacking them twice and killing a bunch of Rick's crew. Now Glen + Maggie (?) just met that red haired sergeant with the Doctor - the walk goes on. Every night the same procedure - watching 2 episodes of TWD plus 1 episode of Z-NATION. The Zombie apocalypse with the guy that survived zombie attacks and could be the rescue. The Northern Lite's NSA station at the North Pole keeping in contact with the group.
    Somehow I even prefer that crew over the Walking Dead . More stringent action and a good set of chracters - 10.000 winning the first Shootout in Kansas with the hordes of millions of Zombies coming up. was the best Zombie movie I have seen in my life.
    Anyone know that show or knows what I am talking about ?
    I hardly find time to watch any other series I usually did. TThe Zombie nights are that good !
    P.S.
    Thank god the finally killed that pos 'Governor' or Bryan.Always killing off everyone he got in contact with..A real threat to the few survivors...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

it's Tiger time.....

Hall Cat likes this.
  22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Talking heads was great!

24. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Good episode. Love Carol.

Weaponized pigs?

25. "War Pigs."

Yes.

So is this the first time that we've been duped with TWD, where the Next Week's previews were totally different than what we were shown?

It's not that it was a bad episode, per se; in fact, I liked the way they handled The Kingdom, because it could have come off sappy on the screen, as opposed to the comic. The fact that Morgan warned Carol, and then Carol called it all a BS fairy tale as soon as she got out of there, echoed what I'm sure most of us were thinking. Then to have Ezekiel come clean right away - that it was, indeed, a fairy tale of sorts - didn't allow it to get silly. Also, I like the way the riders from The Kingdom came in helped Carol, et al, without it looking all gallant and Knights of the Round Table.

Still, I remain very peeved at how modular this show is in the effort to save money when it's not hurting for cash. Having these episodes with only two of the cast members, instead of bouncing back and forth between locations and characters really hamstrings the show. They do an awful job at it. That's greed instead of story.

mattdm11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.