The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I didn't get why Rick even tried to make an alliance with the Garbage People. They double-crossed him before, why would he think they wouldn't do so again?

2. "Here, let me get locked up for an indefinite period of time, when my people need me the most. I mean, I know that we could wipe out The Saviors without the Garbage People, and then when we have all of The Saviors' stuff when can come after the Garbage People if they give us any guff, but since that's not a part of The Plan, I'd rather just sit in this empty cargo container, naked, which is something I've always wanted to try, but I was waiting for a zombie apocalypse to get up the nerve to try it. Meanwhile, gee, I hope the Garbage Folk don't attempt to come to The Saviors' rescue now that told them what's up."

3. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Yup, agreed(2 posts ago). And why solo????(or so we have been led to believe). Is this still that plan where everyone kinda just does what they want when they want?

Dan

HudsonDuster likes this.
  4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I love how everyone's in on The Plan until they aren't. Sure seems like there's an awful lot going down that isn't part of The Plan. Of course, it could all just end up being part of The Plan.

Best parts of last night's episode were the "Great Speaker Truck T-Boning & Execution," and the "Ode to Quake Rocket Launcher Showdown." Biggest problem with these two fun scenes was they took place within a period of 2 minutes leaving us 58 minutes of The Plan and commercials.

5. HudsonDuster

HudsonDuster Forum Resident

2 in 1 !
    01. Fireside Theater -
    Negan and Father Gabriel chat whilst surrounded by zombies. And yet, Seth Gilliam owned his part. And, Negan knew about the zombie guts trick.
    02. Negan's Council -
    Negan drops his pretence and directs his troops. Jeffrey Dean Morgam owns THIS part.
    03. What Do We Do With The Drunken Saviour ?
    Rick and Darryl try to question the stabbed and hurled Saviour.
    Saviour : urgghh, ajjjj ahhhhhh.
    04. Hissy Fight -
    Rick and Darryl brawl, leading to the loss of weapons, dyno and one vehicle. Whatta plan !
    To me, it evokes that time when Frodo thought that Sam ate all the lembas.
    05. APS -
    The Apocalypse Postal Service issues its own kind of mail, so as to keep the Survivors informed. Oh, mailman, bring me no more blues !
    06. Junkyard Dogs -
    Aprons are used to assist in the making of wire pussycats. Ha !
    If you're bored, polish the windshield of a car wreck. Ha Ha !
    And, Rick gets captured again.
    07. Firesdie Theater -
    Saviour chats with Jesus, Gregory with Maggie, Carol with Ezekiel. Zzzzzz.

HD

nosticker and jriems like this.
  6. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Everyone here thinks Rick has no reason for visiting the trash people? They double crossed him and beat up his love interest. I think that visit is part of the plan. The trash people are toast. Daryl, at the very least, knows Rick went there, and I think Rick pretending to give the trash people a second chance was a total setup. As far as Rick is concerned, that group are part of the Saviors, and will be wiped out (caveman talk and all!).

Aggie87, Rubber65, dgstrat and 3 others like this.
  7. HudsonDuster

HudsonDuster Forum Resident

edit : 08 -

At this point I am half-expecting to hear the sound of kettle drums, along with an iron cauldron being wheeled out right before Rick's eyes.
    HD

8. Unless the Garbage People decide to kill him. Kinda throws The Plan into the wind.

EVOLVIST and nosticker like this.
  9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

But being captured is part of The Plan! Just wait until Daryl comes to rescue... Oh, wait - he's off going rogue at the moment, isn't he?

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm looking forward to Barney Fife's sister buying it...she needs to go. I did not enjoy this episode...still there waiting for something to happen......I ain't quittin' : )

11. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

Can anyone answer:

How much time has passed, (Shows story timeline) since the first episode of this season?
    a few days.??

12. Higlander

I am anxious to see if Daryl will come racing up on his motor bike with a cross bow, and fake shifting sounds galore.....:sigh:

Kyhl likes this.
  13. 5ft 1in.

Kyhl and Lownote30 like this.
  14. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

:laugh:

15. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Maggie will now be giving birth to a teenager.

Dan

Kyhl, EVOLVIST and Madness like this.
  16. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I gauge by the age of Judith. She looks to be no more than 3. So adding the 9 months of pregnancy it puts us no more than 4 years in.

17. Higlander

You misread my question.
    How much time has been portrayed to pass during all of THIS season alone?

18. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I'd guess two, maybe three days.

beat_truck likes this.
  19. Higlander

Thank you!

20. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Good little one last Sunday. Not the best but entertaining nonetheless. Now i'm at the point where even if it doesn't make any sense, i'll keep watching it just because. A few things, the rocket launcher scene, impossible, the projectile would have punctured through his soft tissue, come out the other side and hit the wall behind him, then by hitting a solid surface, it would have pushed the triggering mechanism at the tip and probably cause the building the collapse, or at least destroy part of that section of the building.

I think getting locked up by the garbage people is Rick's plan after all, but I notice his group disintegrating, some are going off doing their own thing while Rick is cooking in a cargo hold. What exaclty does rosita and mochione hope to do. What does Daryl hope to do. they can't get in the building to finish off the saviours because of the zombies. I'm not getting what they want to accomplish.

And i'm so tired of seeing characters knife zombies at close range, take a step back and trip and have the zombies land on top of them. How many times have they done this? and what the hell are they tripping on? It's like they see a sock and say ok i'll stand there and let the zombie push me, ill trip backwards and let him/her fall on top of me. Shouldn't they at this point tie a knife on a staff or something and use that as their melee weapon.

And what is it with kids and Caroll. They gravitate towards her and told not to do something and do the opposite all the time.Carol bringing that kid along with her makes no sense at all. Whats the logic behind that. If she wouldn't have shown up that kid was done for.

Apparently it's only been around 19 days since Glenn got the bat to the head that's why Maggie's pregnancy isn't showing all that much.

Father Gabriel is dehydrated from being put in segregation. He wasn't bitten. Since the saviours lost power, the ACs aren't working. It's probably an oven in the hole especially with the Virginia summer heat.

21. @Rubber65 That rocket launcher happens to be a Russian made RPG-7, so how it got to Georgia, USA is anybody's guess. My guess is that the prop department needed a badass looking weapon to do the scene, and then went out for ice cream to celebrate their great success.

You're right. The plate on the front of the "grenade" - or anti-tank device - needs a hard surface to detonate. You could be right that it would go right through him, but my guess is that it would have entered him, spun him around, and just dropped, detonation or not.

RE: Carol. Kids be having a death wish when they get around that firecracker. I bet the kid gets a bullet in the back of the head, John Gotti style.

Rubber65 likes this.
  22. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The story is presently taking place in Virginia, although they still film in Georgia.

Rubber65 likes this.
  23. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

We seriously are talking about the "garbage people"? Another perfect example of how AMC writes utter crap that is nowhere in the comics and makes the show virtually unwatchable. The garbage people are just as bad as the whole hospital nonsense with Beth. WHO TALKS LIKE THAT, ANYWAY??? What did that one garbage person say.....fears and dreams....dreams and fears.....something ridiculous like that. Just awful!

I'll continue to watch, but the show has rapidly gone downhill. FTWD is better at this point, and FTWD was unwatchable for the first 1.5 seasons.

When's Better Call Saul back on? AMC needs to redeem itself.

24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I need to take a break from this show.

Rick is a complete idiot..

Stupid writing I need to take some time off.

Please bring back Frank Darabont...

DreadPikathulhu and beat_truck like this.
  25. The Garbage People should have shot Rick right in the head after he pinned their leader.

Dwight should have stomped all over Eugene's ridiculous airplane made from a boombox. Then flip Eugene over the edge into the zombies.

Still, I like how Eugene is hedging his bets. That speech he gave Father Gabriel was epic! He has worked on his BS routine his whole life.

THIS was Rick's "plan?" No, really? And somehow Daryl's plan ruined Rick's plan?

Shawn and Bender Rodriguez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.