The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

I wasn't sure of how much more they added to be honest, but it seems they did give some offhand mention explaining away how the Saviors were able to escape their base despite being surrounded by walkers. Not sure if that was mentioned in the original broadcast episode. If it was, I didn't notice it at the time, but then again it's just like a little bit mentioned in a conversation. Not sure when they might show it again but typically they show the previous week's episode before the new episode, and I think sometimes they have done a couple episodes before the new show. I might be confused though because they do a fair amount of marathons.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Well it was good to see Coral remorseful of murder and inspiring a better future.
    Maybe the best underline of the apocalypse.I`d still be a bit worried if Negan was picking tomatoes in my garden.o_O

Ethan B and SonOfAlerik like this.
  4. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

I just wish the Saviours would kill off all the cast members because they all have become whiny lil' bitches and I would rather follow the misadventures of Negan, at least he is somewhat interesting and not as annoying.

Hall Cat likes this.
  5. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I feel like Morgan is more twisted than Negan at this point! He ripped out a guy's intestines!!! Morgan can't be controlled, and can't control himself, so I think that will be what signals his exit to Fear The Walking Dead. I actually thought the episode last night was pretty well done with the going back and forth between Carl slowly dying, and Morgan going nuts. Next week, we get more of Rick saying to Negan, "I'm gonna kill you! Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but I'm gonna kill you!"

6. So long, Coral.

Witchy Woman and mj_patrick like this.
  7. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

I hope there's chocolate pudding wherever Coral is now.

Propinquity and Pete Puma like this.
  8. We never really got to know Coral...

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  9. Why oh why do I get suckered in to watching this.

10. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

It was a good episode 7/10. I would have liked to have seen Carl go through some pain and maybe start to turn rather than just fade away. Galvin getting killed by the young kid was pretty good.

Lownote30 likes this.
  11. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

yawn.

12. This might have been my last episode.

The commercial breaks were a welcome mercy from the tedium of the show.

The writers had to be aiming for the world's record longest death scene in a single television episode. They simply moved Carl into different positions, and then finally to a different location, each one having Carl deliver a different speech, each one a variation on the same theme.

The most heartbreaking aspect of the whole thing was that Carl's death, the whole botched takeover by Rick's team, and the deaths of many others during the siege is all Rick's fault.

The plan for attacking The Saviors was pretty solid, up until Rick and a few other snipers didn't place themselves in a position to snipe the leaders when they came out on the balcony. Rick would have had his pound of flesh, and Carl would have never been in the position he was in, not to mention that at least 50 other deaths could have been prevented, including a tiger.

In short, Rick Grimes is an idiot. How could anyone continue to root for the guy?

(Oh, and by the way, Carol stays Morgan's hand from executing Galvin? Unbelievable. Carol loves killing people! She had to move away from the rest of the populace, otherwise she might kill some of them. Now she has to figure out a way to justify killing the kid who killed Galvin, because as we all know, to Carol the only thing better than killing people, is killing little people.)

13. Now if Carl turned and bit Judith we'd have an interesting episode ;)

Linger63, steveharris and Hall Cat like this.
  14. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

I can blame my wife who still loves the show, but she fell asleep during this episode. I think I checked out after season 3 but I love to watch it now and add my commentary... which she really loves. NOT.

15. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Trolls out in force for season 8

Lownote30 likes this.
  16. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

I think I'm finally done with this show.

Scott222C and mj_patrick like this.
  17. Lownote30

All the people who hate this show so much should really just stop watching it. That way, they wouldn't have to post here, or get so angry about it in general.

Jim B. and Ethan B like this.
  18. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I think bedsores would've killed Carl if he hadn't shot himself....:winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:

19. Oh, come on now. I troll is somebody who sits under the bridge and derides the people taking the journey across. I can't speak for anybody else, but I've been taking this journey since December 2004, with The Walking Dead issue #13, the first issue I read over in Afghanistan. I'm on the journey with you. But to imply that one mustn't disparage the show's (or the comic's) weak spots, is not conducive to critical conversation.

Speaking of "critical," have you not noticed that the show is almost universally panned by TV critics nowadays? Are the critics "trolls," as well?

If you want to have dialogue, you can always shoot me over a rebuttal, explaining why Rick Grimes isn't the most stupid lead character on television right now. Or, address any one of my points.

You should check out the discussions in the Better Call Saul thread. All sorts of back and forth happens there.

For me, it's not that simple. I've invested so much time and effort I feel as though I have to see the show until the end. I want to know what happens next. I have to know what happens next! Besides, it's only an hour, once a week, and I'm very short on currently airing TV shows at the moment. Netflix and Amazon have been my go-to "channels" and with those I only watch on the weekends. So, there ya go. :D

20. P.S. - Something good about last night's mid-season episode was when Carl pulled the trigger, and just Rick's reaction was heartbreaking as hell. Yeah, even after all of that, oh my god, I can't even imagine what that must have felt like to him, and the actor pulled if off perfectly. Michonne was also very good in her scenes, as her heartache was very convincing. There was just too much of it. It went on, and on, and on.

Usually the first episode, the mid-season finale, the mid-season opener, and the season finale is firing on all cylinders. With this season, though, only the season's first episode had any meat on it, but it was stringy meat.

Things behind the curtain isn't so well in The Walking Dead land. People are suing like crazy, another showrunner has bit the dust, and at least one actor has come out as being unhappy. All of this shows in the show.

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

hot takes

DHamilton likes this.
  22. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Coral's death was sad, but a little too drawn out. He has been a major character since the beginning and definitely deserved to go out with respect, but it just went on too long. It might have been a little too over the top with the lighting on the destroyed church... you just knew this was the end of the road for Coral, but it was fitting nonetheless.

With these "flash forwards" that have since been revealed to be Carl's vision for a utopian village in an apocalyptic world... honestly the "it was all just a dream" bit makes it feel like we've been had by the writers once again.

I enjoyed the Morgan/Carol action sequences the most– they do well together.

23. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

My wife watched it with me and she commented I thought Morgan doesn't kill what happened to him???

I was like he's gone crazy lately.

24. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

No, not Judith! Shane’s legacy must live on!

25. Lownote30

It's cool. Just trying to save people some time, and bad feelings. :righton:

EVOLVIST likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.