The Warriors (1979)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vinyl Socks, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

So the bad guy. I remember him from another movie. It was like a time jump thing and he kept harassing the main character. What movie was that?

Another movie he was the devil or something.

Always the bad guy though it seemed.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  2. digdug67

digdug67 Hockley's Hits Here!

Dreamscape.

mpayan and Vinyl Socks like this.
  3. DLH80

DLH80 Well-Known Member

I would love to know who the hell this is on this track. This was only put on the UK VHS version of The Warriors in the 80's

I contacted Frank Marshall and spoke with his assistant to see if it was the track Night Run by Mersh Bros as shown in the credits. Nope ! He then released Night Run via iTunes and was not this mysterious track i know nothing about.On all the other versions of The Warriors it is replaced by Nowhere To Run by Arnold McCuller

realkilroy and Vinyl Socks like this.
  4. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Strange that there doesn't seem to be any information about this anywhere. I picked out the lyric from the below clip (which is easier to decypher) but even searching for the words yields nothing. This is an enigma that needs to be solved!

realkilroy, Vinyl Socks and DLH80 like this.
  5. DLH80

DLH80 Well-Known Member

Exactly

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

The better, original version, IMO.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  7. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

The Lizzies were the coolest gang in the movie.
    [​IMG]

The Furies to me were stupid. So cartoony.

8. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

The Wanderers is a much creepier and disturbing movie than The Warriors.

All Rights, ex_mixer and Vinyl Socks like this.
  9. A friend of mine gave me a single layer BD-R with the theatrical version of the warriors which by the way looks outstanding. It has two Enlglish audio tracks, one on DTS-HD Master Audio and a second one that on plain lossy DTS, both sound the same. It also has English subtitles. At first I thought "you cheater, you captured the Amazon Video theatrical version that's available for streaming in Spain and made a BD out of it, but this can't be. I isolated the DTS-HD MA audio track, convert it to Wav with Audio Muxer, cut several samples of it to check them with Lossless Audiochecker and guess what, it checks as lossless, all the four samples I took, I even run them several times looking for different results but no, they all checked as lossless all the time. Where did he got this? I don't know, and the Amazon streaming comes either on Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus and none of them are lossless.
    It looks better than the original Director's/Bastardized Cut by the way.

DLH80 and Vinyl Socks like this.
  10. DLH80

DLH80 Well-Known Member

I would love a copy of that :)

11. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

My guess would be it's simply something from a Production Music library package (like Bruton, KPM, and the like) that was grabbed and slated in to replace "Nowhere to Run" for copyright issues in the UK. Maybe that helps you, maybe not. That might even be a made up group name or track title.

Um...me too. But I'd bet I could "find" it somewhere if I looked hard enough. :winkgrin:

Vidiot likes this.
  12. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Good news, boppers, there's a German Blu-ray with the theatrical cut, with English (and of course German) audio and even subtitles in both languages. English audio comes in 5.1 and stereo (DTS-HD Master) and sounds great. Picture quality is really good as well. It's also supposed to be region free, though I can not guarantee this.

Bad news is, it comes in a pretty pricey mediabook (along with a useless DVD) and is allegedly limited to 1500 pieces.

There are two different cover versions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

True. Girls fight dirty.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  14. Is there any comparison to the US blu ray version that's already been released w/the cartoons?

I was really thrilled with the PQ of the "Directors Cut" edition. I wouldn't want a step down from that if I purchased this German one. You know?

15. Nah. I like both but prefer the second myself.

16. wolfram

I've never seen the US Blu-ray, so I can't say. But this thread mentions this comparison and they seem to look identical in PQ, though some of the frames in the DC seem to be cropped.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  17. Are you sure the German BD is the Theatrical Cut?

18. wolfram

Absolutely, I watched it 2 days ago. I couldn't bring myself to pay the high price, but I found a place that rented it.

19. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Picked up the "director's cut" at Barnes and Noble for $4.99... Haven't seen this movie in years (seen a few bits and pieces over the years, but haven't seen the full film since the VHS days of the 80s)... This thread reignited my curiousity to see the film again, even though I know what I purchased is *not* going to be the same exact thing I seen all those years ago... Still, the movie was never so ingrained into my memory that I'm going to be distracted by differences between the original cut and the "director's cut", at least I don't expect to be...

20. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

21. Graham

Graham Senior Member

It's impossible not to be distracted by the additions, regardless of how familiar or not you are with the film, as they take the form of comic book drawings/fade-ins.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  22. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Caught Warriors on Amazon today and it did look good.
    But during the opening credits there were a group going to the Syrus meeting dressed in similar fashion to the Droogs .........albeit in different colours.

23. Thanks for the info, I'll have some closer looks to spot them.

24. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I haven't viewed the DVD I mentioned a couple of posts ago, but I think you'll be right in that I will find those fade-ins "distracting", or at least annoying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.