The Waterboys 7 CD Fishermans Blues Box Set (October 2013 release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by noname74, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification. I agree - still quite a bargain.

2. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

The download is tagged as '2013 remaster' for anything that appeared on the original album. I haven't listened closely to this stuff yet, but very casual listening suggests that they haven't been remixed.

3. EwaWoowa

EwaWoowa Sexiest Monkey Ever...

What is the funny noise running all the way thru / under "When will we be married (first version)"?

4. Boozyuzi

Boozyuzi Forum Resident

Just had an email from Amazon UK - release date for Fisherman's Box has been delayed a few weeks. Estimated delivery date is now November 14th - 16th.

5. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Gosh. Boozy, presumably you got the autorip already?

6. Boozyuzi

Boozyuzi Forum Resident

Just getting that just now, strange that the Rip is there but the set is delayed. I am going to see the Fishermans Blues tour in December so need those tracks. :)

7. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I reckon they sync the autorips to the physical release date and if the latter slips, they don't necessarily catch it to change the autorip release date.

Saw the original FB tour a couple of times - St Andrews University student union and then I think it was Manchester later on the tour. Enjoy!

8. Boozyuzi

Boozyuzi Forum Resident

Well that's what you call a box set... 7 hours and 38 minutes of audio bliss.

9. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

I became a very sad camper when I saw that in my inbox. And no mp3s for outlanders, either. Bum-mer.

chickendinna likes this.
  10. moni

moni Forum Resident

We're getting in touch to advise you of a Release Date change on an item you ordered from Sainsbury's Entertainment:

#0 "Fisherman's Box "
    The Waterboys; CD; £22.99

New release date: 18/11/2013

11. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

12. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Is there a site featuring audio samples anywhere?

13. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

The 7cd version is still shown on Amazon as coming out on the 24th Oct, and the 6cd version on 11th November

14. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Glad I ordered the deluxe!!!

SIX DISC VERSION OF FISHERMAN’S BOX DELAYED

Due to demand exceeding supply EMI Records has been forced to delay the release of the standard 6CD + clamshell booklet version of Fisherman’s Box for a second time. The record company has not yet confirmed a new release date, reports are varying, but we understand it will happen sometime in mid-November. Sadly this is out of our hands and we appreciate the patience of those of you who have been looking forward to hearing this treasure trove of recordings from the beloved Fisherman’s Blues era of Waterboys history.

The deluxe edition containing 6 CDs + 12" vinyl of original album repressed + 7th CD of vintage influences + 12" square booklet + 3 x 12" square prints will be released 21 October as planned....

For those who pre-ordered via Amazon, they have provided an opportunity to listen to all the tracks now on Soundcloud or via MP3 downloads, which we hope will soften the wait a bit.
    Again, we appreciate your patience.

15. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I am listening to the mp3 files now available with the Amazon pre-order and this music is fantastic. I can't wait to see them live in December.

Sordel likes this.
  16. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

My deluxe version has shipped from amazon UK

17. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

18. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Mike Scott on the Artie Lange Show. Just the interview portion, no music.

Mike is patient with Artie's complete ignorance of the band.

At one point Mike makes a reference to them coming back to the U.S. on tour next year just as he did at the end of the Seattle show.

19. LoveandTheft

LoveandTheft Forum Resident

Received my box today; everything looks great (Amazon UK package looked crushed on outside but box was perfect inside...yeah!); LP cover was laminated/shiny; LP was perfect visually...CDs are in cardboard sleeves.
    Hopefully I will be able to listen to some tomorow and weekend along with the latest Third Man quarterly package and new Tindersticks LPs...

20. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Mine will come in first thing in the morning

21. EwaWoowa

Now that we've all had a few days to digest this I just wondered what everyone's first (and more) impressions were?

I really like the first and sixth discs - they seem to be the ones that are most 'coherent' - ie, you're listening to a complete session on one CD.

But if I had one criticism it would be that the tracks that are duplicates of the two 'proper' albums Fishermans Blues & To Close Too Heaven are just that: duplicates, not the un-overdubbed, un-polished and 'un-highly mixed' original versions. It tends to take me out of the flow of the discs when you jump to something of a higher fidelity than the surrounding music.

22. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Weird - I've had this pre-ordered for some time, and it's showing a release of 11th November. And obviously, it's not shipped. This is Amazon.co.uk

For those that have it - is it just the one with the Vinyl that has shipped?

23. HillTopMan

HillTopMan Active Member

thanks.

24. EwaWoowa

Sorry, I was referring to the mp3's that shipped to my amazon cloud about 2 weeks ago... I'm still waiting for the physical product like the rest of you...

25. capn

capn Forum Resident

yep, just the deluxe edition has shipped, regular 6 CD box is delayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.