SH Spotlight The Weavers!! Here are all of their amazing 1951 short music movies together...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Nope.
    Close, but that's not the song, and the women in the audience don't sing the refrain

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Just the thing to watch tonight. Fred's guitar playing is so clean and simple, his Martin 00-28 is beautiful.

3. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Glad to find the Weavers films-link thread! I've always followed Pete's work, but only recently began to explore the earlier material with The Weavers. Marvelous stuff! So far, I'm loving the live Carnegie LPs. Pete is finally getting a big Folkways CD and book box set, due May 2019 (I started a thread about it).

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

You bumped this? Now I have to watch everything all over again. Actually, I'm looking forward to watching them tonight. Those darn commies.

As I've stated before, I love Fred's guitar playing so much. The real folk style, often copied, never equaled..

longdist01 and Jason W like this.
  5. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

My family knew lots of musicians around us in Wilton/Weston, CT, but sadly I never got to know Fred.

Great to see those Snader films. Looks like Bear Family included them as a bonus DVD in the big Weavers set.

6. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wow, so great to see that early stuff. Ronnie sure had a radiant beauty- great spirit.
    Was Erik Darling in The Weavers for a time? I had a sampler from Vanguard in the early Sixties as a kid called The Sound Of Folk Music and I think he was pictured with The Weavers on that as I recall? I loved that sampler - great stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.