The western ''Hombre''.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jackson, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I understand, just trying to help. Enjoy.

2. Myke

Yes, I have a modest 15 in my collection, and have compared several of those, the TT BD always looks, and sounds superior over it's DVD counterpart.

Jackson, jsayers and townsend like this.
  3. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Lots of reviews out there, bluray.com, dvdbeaver, dvdtalk, etc. etc. Google is your friend.

4. jsayers

My copy arrived yesterday, this film was a no-brainer for me. One of my favorite films of all time. Saw it in the theatre when it came out and it really made an impression on me. This was from the era when films began to challenge and enlighten instead of just entertain. Martin Ritt is a brilliant director and Richard Boone has one of his, if not THE best film roles as the villain in Hombre. I have the dvd but it's packed up somewhere or I'd do a quick visual comparison - it will be reviewed shortly by a few sites I'm sure....

Love the new cover art and it's also got a <surprise!> nice little booklet inside with lots of on the set photos and an essay by Julie Kirgo. Classy presentation all the way here. :righton:

Jackson likes this.
  5. jsayers

Just popped it in and watched the 1st 20 minutes or so. Looks great - probably as good as this film can look. Without question a few steps up from the dvd. I also took some pics of the packaging :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jackson likes this.
  6. jsayers

7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Twilight Time does great work. I have their two Elvis titles as well as "Thunderbolt And Lightfoot" and they are great. Love the booklets and the inclusion of original poster art.

benjaminhuf and jsayers like this.
  8. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

I do have some Twilight Time titles, and they vary in quality. The remastering for HD and blu-ray is done by the studios themselves. Usually Fox as well as Sony/Columbia do excellent work with their titles. For instance, I recently got the TT Western starting James Stewart called The Man From Laramie, and it featured an outstanding 4k restoration.

townsend and jsayers like this.
  9. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I have about 15-20 Twilight Time titles. I cannot recall being appalled by any particular title. I am appalled that Sony and Fox are allowed to practice price-fixing so blatantly.

10. Myke

Just ordered # 16.

jsayers likes this.
  11. jsayers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.