The Who 50th Anniversary Tour: 2014-2017 and more! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Nice.....good work!! That's a steal.

2. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Thanks! I'm really, REALLY psyched that we're going, and that the ticket prices weren't horribly priced!

Clanceman likes this.
  3. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I just ordered what are "mystery tickets" to me. Here in Portland, Or., my presale for the Moda Center is through the Portland Trailblazers season ticket holder portal. Unlike some of the other venues across the country, they assign your seats later, and you find out where your seats are when the tickets hit your mailbox.

They usually end up being fantastic seats. We'll see? I told myself I'd wait til just before the show after a ticket drop....VIP seats that go unsold, etc...
    I have no patience. I always need my tickets secured. :shrug:

So, I think I'm done. I'll be going to 3 shows.....early in the tour and at a venue I've never been, 3,000 miles away, one show at home, and one at a small venue in Vegas.
    I'm pumped and satisfied.

Om likes this.
  4. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

I have become convinced that "pre-sales" are a way to dump back-of-the-house and side stage tickets. I hammered for Detroit until Ticketbastard shut me out and the same rearward sections kept showing up over and over. Consider the psychology of the last minute buyer: "I'd like to to the Who but I don't want to sit in the back so..." By offing them early to people who think they're getting "special access" the band and promoters don't have to worry about that.

tonyc, howlinrock and Ere like this.
  5. 007james

007james Forum Resident

Wow, at first, I thought the MSG concert was less than 2 weeks away, then I realized it's over a year away...., talk about advanced tickets sales.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

Yeah, I kept recycling the sections and it seemed to stay in one section for several tries, although my selections were mostly 1/2 to 3/4 way back (pretty good selections). Some were side stage though.

7. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Horrible selection today for Oakland wait for the regular sale till tomorrow.

Clanceman likes this.
  8. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Purchased my tickets for May 2nd in Dallas. I've never seen them before so I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Clanceman likes this.
  9. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

Ok, just got a pre-sale code from Facebook and I checked with the wife... We're going to Vegas baby!!! (Got tix to the Detroit show too)

Om, Jet Age Eric and Clanceman like this.
  10. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Now we're talkin" :righton:

Om likes this.
  11. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Very excited for this tour. The second show at UC is exactly a year away from yesterday. Wild!

Clanceman likes this.
  12. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Did you try the Citi pre-sale on Monday?

13. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I got decent seats in the lower level using pre-sale for Raleigh. I've never been able to get great seats at this venue (PNC Arena), so I'm happy to have seats and not have to worry about it.

Clanceman and freditor like this.
  14. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

You're going to have a FANTASTIC time. I've never see the real Who, but I've seen the nostalgia Who 6 times and the show is always out of this world excellent.

Jet Age Eric likes this.
  15. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

Do you think they would ever consider a 'Who Sell Out' - themed tour? It's probably their best regarded album outside of the toured-to-death 1969 1971 and 1973 monoliths.
    I guess it's psychey/artrock/indierock - influencing vibe lies outside the mainstream rock identity they've carved themselves in the last 40 years, but it would be a very interesting curveball to revisit/reinterpret those songs onstage. Could liven things up a bit...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    Jet Age Eric likes this.
  16. Bart

Bart Forum Resident

Well you don't need to speculate -- sign on and you know your exact seats before you buy them. My experience is that the "pre-sales" chew up most of the prime seats (first 15 rows center on the floor, for me).

17. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

The 'Oo are almost 100% guaranteed to play the following:

Won't Get Fooled
    Can't Explain
    Pinball Wizard
    My Generation
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Baba O'Riley
    Who Are You
    Substitute
    See Me, Feel Me

Anything else you're really wanting to hear on this tour?

I'd love to hear any deep cuts off By Numbers, Who Are You or Face Dances. I hope it's not just Greatest Hits + Tommy/Quadrophenia.

howlinrock likes this.
  18. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Great seats for Milwaukee.

19. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

That side section 110 is good provided you're near the aisle. I passed on one set there and got nothing but the middle of the section when it did come up later.

20. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Something I just realized: I got tickets for the November, 2015 concert in Philly, which is as of now the last date on the tour. If this ends up the last full tour they do, I could be seeing history!

Clanceman likes this.
  21. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Ticket purchased for Gwinnett Center near Atlanta. Front row in the club level on the side for $39.50. Surprisingly easy.

22. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

There's a set shocker, (They haven't played "Substitute for a few tours) It's just so predictable now. The Who have a great library that they never draw from... But this is what people want to hear & see. I'm attempting to get excited so I must be old.

Clanceman likes this.
  23. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

In for May 20th Nassau Coliseum- floor seats row 1 /2nd section back and Barclays Center on May 26th - stands right side

Clanceman likes this.
  24. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Forum Resident

They've been promoting these shows by saying they're gonna play deep cuts. -E

25. ChesterB

ChesterB Well-Known Member

I had the same thought in 1982! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.