The Who 50th Anniversary Tour: 2014-2017 and more! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i am going to try and get tickets to the verizom center. very hard to make plans a year in advance

Clanceman likes this.
  2. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

London will be my sixth Who gig.... Looking back at some past set lists from gigs I went to... I don't think anything will surpass this, Royal Albert Hall 8 Feb 2002 (John's last show): http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-who/2002/royal-albert-hall-london-england-13d77d45.html

Such a great selection. However, as a wish list of 'less common live tracks':

However Much I Booze
    So Sad About Us
    Dogs
    Long Live Rock
    Melancholia (so unlikely but would make my day!)
    Let's See Action
    Going Mobile
    Time Is Passing

Hep Alien, deadbirdie and Clanceman like this.
  3. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

Since they just did a full Quad tour, I hope they avoid 99% of that album. Play only 1 or 2 songs off Quad. Also only choice cuts from Tommy.
    I hope they play "Boris the Spider" in honour of John.

4. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

next to the last show in DC, I really wonder what shape Roger's voice will be in.

5. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

i wonder which songs [if any?] they will use to incorporate John and Keith into the show?
    i think some sort of video montage before it should be used to remember them............as a nice intro to the show.

6. Got cheap seats for Seattle 9/27 -- my first time seeing them! (My wife, on the other hand, saw their Seattle appearance during their last farewell tour, thirty-three years before.)

7. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Forum Resident

My wife begged off, sadly (or not, because I couldn't afford two of these tickets) but she saw the last tour with The Ox, so it's OK. -E

8. Om

Om Make Your Own Kind Of Music

Anybody else think it's a good idea to buy your tickets a year in advance?

9. I'll wait and probably buy them the day of the song outside the venue. Cheaper maybe.

10. mshare

mshare Forum Resident

Went for the spring leg - waiting for fall felt too much like the joke about not buying green bananas at our age.

11. Om

Om Make Your Own Kind Of Music

Have to admit I'm tempted

12. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

I think they will have to honour them (and why not Kenny Jones too?) some way. I just hope it is unique and not a repeat of the previous tour. I am aware of two other acts that have done this audio/video insert tribute to deceased members, The Monkees and Beach Boys.

13. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

From hotpress.com...

"The Who have been forced to reschedule their Irish shows planned for next month. Unforeseen logistical difficulties have been blamed for the postponement, which sees the shows for the Odyssey Arena and 3Arena instead pencilled in for next summer. The rock legends will now be hitting Belfast on June 21 2015, and playing Dublin two days later on June 23. All tickets bought for the November shows remain valid for the new dates".

14. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Barbara Ann?

15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I wouldn't really care but I'm not a huge huge Who fan so I'll wait until closer to the 11/2015 DC show to get tickets just to make sure there's not a show I'd rather see the same night!

16. bodine

bodine Senior Member

Well, I just bit for two $50 nosebleed seats for the second to last show in Nov. 2015 in DC. Saw them for the first time in 1969 at the Electric Factory in Philly, then not again until 2007 at the Verizon Center with my boy. Gonna bring him again next year to give the Two a proper send off.

Davido, Jet Age Eric and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

I am a total fanatic since seeing them in 1982, so 3rd row signature VIP right on the center aisle for Louisville, floor seats for Allstate Arena outside Chicago, and ultimate VIP floor at Forest Hills all next May. Never been to New York so thought a road trip to see a concert would be fun. Hopefully the sound check experience will be interesting.

Jet Age Eric likes this.
  18. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

By now your boy has probably become a young man, so it will be interesting to get his take on the two different shows such a (for him) long time apart.
    Should be a terrific evening for you. I took my 10 year old nephew to a Kiss concert and couldn't believe how much fun we had.

19. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

I'm almost about to pull the trigger on the first Philly date...

Clanceman likes this.
  20. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

The website has been updated to reflect this tour news:

http://thewho.com/tour/

21. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

I think it would be great if Kenney Jones sat in on a few numbers. Perhaps "You Better You Bet" and Eminence Front".

Clanceman and Davido like this.
  22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I usually laugh and doubt the honesty of such news. But, looking at their tour schedule they have a show in the United Arab Emirates a few days before so perhaps it is logical to not risk getting everything to Ireland in such a short time.

23. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I like your logic. Anything would be better than it being a euphemism for poor sales. :(

24. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Where do you see the United Arab Emirates date? Doesn't the tour begin in the British isles?

25. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.