The Who O2 Arena, London. March 23rd. 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by optoman, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Well, don't worry, Billy. This may be the last go round for the Who anyway. Then you won't have to worry about their shows anymore.

Actually, what I've heard so far on this tour has been much better than some of their previous tours of the 2000s. I myself am looking forward to seeing and hearing them this time. And really, what's wrong with letting the band and their fans say farewell with one last tour? It sounds to me they're going out with dignity and style.

And if they do come back, we'll see how they do then.

Carserguev likes this.
  2. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I saw Roger's solo show where he did Tommy and I thought that it was very good. His voice isn't what it used to be but he was still an effective vocalist. That said, the one song I thought he should shelve was Love Reign O'er Me. It's just too tough a number. I'll be in London with my family the weekend they play Hyde Park, so I bought myself one "Quadrophenia Bar" ticket (whatever that is). My family will go see Matilda the Musical or something, and I'll hang out in Hyde Park and see the Who. Can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be.

3. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

It's like watching a wounded water buffalo being surrounded by crocodiles, and paying $300 to watch them finish him off.
    Love,
    Billy

4. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I saw this tour too and enjoyed it very much. In fact, in a way, it prompted me to go see the Who on this tour. Might as well go see Roger sing with his original guitarist this time, right?

5. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I was hoping that they would come to Japan but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, so Hyde Park it is

6. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

Saw the Who several times in their later days and it was always amazing. And I don't mind them sounding no longer like being 20.
    But - having seen this and other clips from London I somehow feel sad, cause obviously a certain line has been crossed. "I can see for Miles" is one of my favourites and I would not even have recognized them only by hearing. Those songs need fire, instead Daltrey sounds like a bad Elvis impersonator. Hope he's getting better on the following shows. But I'm no longer disappointed, that they won't come to Germany one more time. No accuse, I wish them all the best for their tour and carry on enjoying their records.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.