The Windbreakers - Sadly Neglected But Available Now For One Low Price!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontokyo, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member Thread Starter

Here's where you'll find four absolutely wonderful 80s indies/jangle-y/garage-y LPs for one low price. Most of the stuff is produced by Mitch Easter of REM fame, so you know kind of what to expect. [Sure, cross the Replacements with REM and you get the idea]. The Windbreakers were basically a duo of Tim Lee [more hard-edged garage-y] and Bobby Sutliff [the jangle-y sensitive one] plus various bass/drums.

We all have groups that we love but for one reason or another they slipped between the cracks and never made it and we take every opportunity to turn people onto them. The Windbreakers are that one [oh, there are a few others] for me. I neither know nor vouch for the seller, but I sure do for these four LPs [only one of which was available on CD--but forget it. You'll never find it.]

2. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

LOL! their name is a hoot:)

3. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member Thread Starter

A hoot? Well, maybe. I've always thought their name was the number one impediment to fame. Either it means farting or a jacket [in an interview Tim Lee confessed it's the former], either way REAL dumb.

4. Ron, I love Mitch Easter. I have all the Let's Active's on CD. Is this band The Windbreakers available on CD? Or are these LPs the only way I can hear them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.