The Wizard Of Oz: Which Home Video Edition?!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by svoegtlin, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

My Panasonic set uses "active" glasses which link to the set. The ones from the movie theater don't work with it, I wish they did.

2. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

What are the mastering issues?

captainsolo likes this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Huh. I figured big expensive 3D TVs would actually give you the glasses, but I was wrong!

At least my set came with 'em! :pineapple:

4. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

When did you get your set? I've had mine for about 4 years now. I think that Panasonic realized that they should give customers at least a couple of pairs with their sets. I believe that Samsung and LG do, though I'm not certain of that. Still the Panny plasma has a great picture and I got mine for an excellent price (around $1,300 on sale IIRC) so buying the glasses didn't sting as much as if I had paid full price.

5. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

I too am wondering about this. I thought they had fixed any registration issues already.

I wish you could buy an inexpensive TV with the 3D option available in a limited fashion called the Dial M/Creature/House of 3D mode. Otherwise 3D can burn in heck for all I care.

mgoad30 likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I bought my Panny 3D plasma right after they discontinued them a couple of years back, so my model - can't remember the # - was among the last produced.

I assumed they'd always included a pair of glasses with the sets, but I assumed incorrectly!

7. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

And I got mine a year or so before that. I still love the picture on the set, it's absolutely gorgeous. Having it professionally calibrated was money well spent.

Oatsdad likes this.
  8. Derek Gee

Derek Gee Senior Member

I can't remember fully and I couldn't find the info online last night. One of them was a sound glitch. Sorry I can't remember more about it.

Derek

9. Derek Gee

Derek Gee Senior Member

And you can get 3-D versions of the films playing on HBO 3D and Starz 3D at no additional cost over your subscription (both are on-demand). I pay for both channels for exactly that reason.

Derek

10. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

Somehow I lucked out. This morning, by sheer coincidence and not yet having seen this thread, I searched Amazon for "Wizard of Oz" and noticed the 75th Anniversary blu-ray priced at $5.99 with Prime 2-day shipping. I placed my order and now I see that the price has already jumped up significantly. Usually my luck runs the opposite way in these situations and I just miss out on the good deals. Today was not one of those days!

Benno123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.