The Yes Album in 5.1 is due early 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DonnyMe, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

I'd imagine if they did that, it was b/c they were running out of space. Would you prefer to lose some content so that you could rip the instrumentals?

2. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

[​IMG]

Steven’s new stereo / 5.1 surround sound mix of the third album by Yes (official), 1970’s The Yes Album will be released on the 14th April, and is now available to pre-order from both Headphone Dust and Burning Shed. Fully approved by the band, The Yes album will be available in a choice of either CD/Blu-Ray in a vinyl replica gatefold card sleeve, or CD/DVD in digipack. Both feature a booklet featuring new notes by Sid Smith, rare photos and archive material, and plentiful bonus audio material, including studio out-takes, live versions, single edits, instrumentals…etc.

In addition, Steven’s stereo / 5.1 remix of Jethro Tull's 1973 album A Passion Play has been announced for release on 13th June as a deluxe 2 CD / 2 DVD set, including new mixes of both the album itself and the “lost” album recorded at Château d'Hérouville in 1972, for the first time in its complete 60 minute form. Note that this release is not yet available to pre-order

Chris Haley and jsayers like this.
  3. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

4. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Really looking forward to this - enjoying his CTTE remix quite a bit as well.

5. Jimii70

Jimii70 Forum Resident

If all blu ray audios could be done in the same way as "Close to the Edge" and the soon to be released "The Yes Album" (assuming that it is the same quality which I am sure it will be). Then blu ray audio would be a sure winner in my book. Compared to the pure audio releases from universal which retail at higher prices than these two Yes Albums. Well there is no comparison.
    This is how the led zeppelin releases should be packaged also , with vinyl as a separate entity for those that want it. I know there are not going to be any remixes or surround mixes on the led zeppelin remasters but still it would have been nice to have all the albums with there corresponding extras in high-definition . Just my opinion feel free to disagree

Zephead2112, rd1, PhoffiFozz and 5 others like this.
  6. hotsoup

hotsoup Forum Resident

You'd get no harumph from me. I also agree about the upcoming Zeppelin remasters. They seem underwhelming in terms of added value compared to these deluxe treatments Steve Wilson is doing.

PhoffiFozz, One Louder and mdm08033 like this.
  7. Jimii70

Jimii70 Forum Resident

Don't get me wrong i am really excited about the Led Zeppelin Releases . But I would have preferred a Blu Ray with High Resolution Stereo over Regular CDs. I am tempted by the Super deluxe sets because I Want The Vinyl (If It Sounds good). But it would have been a no brainer for me if the box had a bluray instead of a download card.

To get back on track I am really looking forward to "The Yes Album" its the only Yes album Pre big Generator that I don't have a Digital version of. And my Vinyl Copy while nice is rather Noisy.

I would love Steven Wilson To Remix "Yessongs" That would be Amazing

dougb222 and mdm08033 like this.
  8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the info. Interesting that there apparently will be no Blu-Ray release of A Passion Play.

9. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure about the choice of "A Passion Play" as the next release.
    ''

That is interesting. It's one of my least favorite JT albums so I won;t be partaking anyway. As a completest, if it was BD then I would have to buy it . So this saves me the problem.

10. kvsawilson

kvsawilson Senior Member

I'm pretty sure it won't be a hi=res release at all. With the Yes Album you get a choice of Blu=ray or dvd-a, but the JT disc will only be dvd-v. For us surround fans, I think the best we hope for is a DTS track.

K

11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

It depends on if you like 5.1 mixes or not. For the CTTE remaster/remix those that don't do 5.1 stated that there is just no way the two-chan original mix could be better than Hoffman's recent SACD remaster. So taking that thought, one could say that there is just no way a stereo remaster could be better than the recent MFSL. I personally enjoy 5.1 and have no preference for MFSL or SH work without hearing it first. It's kinda weird the way this forum thinks sometimes.

12. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Ditto, but not only do I not have a preference for any particular stereo remaster I also would not know anyway as the stereo versions would never get played once the 5.1 is available.

13. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

There is a HiRez stereo option on the DVD.

14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes, but for Tull, and their label, and the last SW remix "Thick as a Brick" there was not a high-res track to be selected, in other words not an option!

15. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Both have 24/96 stereo options. What player are you using?

16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I don't own it myself. But when I asked here on the forum why the TAAB DVD did not get much talk, hardly any traction it any of its threads, the answer was because the 5.1 deal never gets as much action at this forum, and the lack of high-Rez on this disc is also why there was a lack of interest.

17. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

The stereo mixes are high res on Thick as a Brick. The surround mix is not.

18. KeithH

Disappointing and surprising with A Passion Play. We got hi-rez with several recent Jethro Tull reissues. Why not this one?

19. KeithH

Thanks for the feedback. I listen primarily in stereo. Wilson's hi-rez stereo mastering of The Yes Album could beat the MFSL gold CD, so I think I will wait for the Wilson sets before buying the gold disc.

20. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Keith, the Wilson set will be a new stereo remix, not a straight remaster; although a flat transfer of the master tapes will be included.

21. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

I see that Burning Shed have pushed back the release date to April 21 for both sets.

22. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Dammit!

23. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

The four London live tracks were previously released on disc one of The Word Is Live box set.

The New Haven track is previously unreleased (at least officially).

CD/Blu-ray

CD/DVD-A

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  24. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

Just checked the tracklist. Slightly disappointed that nothing other than the extended A Venture appears to be unreleased or otherwise new to fans. But I guess there's only so much material in the vaults.

Here's to hoping the Fragile Blu-ray has some of those Bruford/Wakeman-era live tracks that didn't make the cut for Yessongs. Maybe a three-disc set with the album, an entire CD dedicated to live stuff and then the Blu-ray or DVD-A. Not very likely, but this is probably the last shot those tapes have of ever being released.

25. sbeck201

sbeck201 Forum Resident

Amazon.co.uk now displays the following message and no release date:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.