"The Zombies Greatest Hits" SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wildjim, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildjim

wildjim New Member Thread Starter

Zombies Sacd

I received the Zombies SACD today and it sounds fantastic!!! Great Job!!! Steve.

However I noticed a stutter on track #3 "Tell Her No" at about 1:03; is this "normal" or expected - I used two Sony players with the same results. This SACD surface appears to be perfect.

2. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

Re: Zombies Sacd

I'm not at home right now to listen -- but could this be the spot of the infamous tape dropout? If it's on the line "I know she's the kind of girl" at the start of the bridge -- that's it.

3. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

This is available in the stores already?

4. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Where did you order it?

5. wildjim

wildjim New Member Thread Starter

Re: Re: Zombies Sacd

The "stutter" "is" exactly at that spot.

I bought the SACD from: 14.99 plus shipping

WWW.REDTRUMPET.COM

Thank You. . .

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Re: Re: Re: Zombies Sacd

Thanks.:righton: My copy is on its way.

7. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Wait guys! Let me try to talk you out of buying this SACD... DO NOT BUY The Zombies Greatest Hits under any circumstances.

When you hear the amazing sound that Steve pulled out of those tapes you will not believe it! The clarity is stunning, the sound smooth and full, like you've snuck the band into your room. Your wife will wonder how you got the organ through the front door. Your neighbors will wonder when you bought a drum kit. And you... you poor SOB, will be dying... DYING to get your hands on the Everly Brothers, Eva Cassidy, Ritchie Valens, CCR, and any other SH SACDs as soon as you can grab them. You'll be obsessed... OBSESSED, I tell you!!

You've been warned!

8. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Seriously, I expected this disc would sound great, but it really did surpass my high expectations. You will NOT be disappointed, it's well worth owning EVEN if you have the DCC disc.

9. Evan

Evan Senior Member

When is the discography going to be updated to include all of the latest masterings by Steve. I need all of the title listed in one place, really. Or could someone post a list of the Steve's current work (with catalog numbers) so I can order them ASAP. Thanks :D

10. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

What's the scoop on the "new" ACE 2 cd set titled "The Zombies: The Decca Stereo Anthology" ?

The ad in the new CCM catalog says "brand new mixes ! Tell Her No, She's Not There, with a drum overdub added by the Zom's original drummer Hugh Grundy......48 new songs including four unissued backing tracks.".

Hmmmmmmm ?

11. syogusr

syogusr New Member

This is a great disc, got mine Tuesday, the day it was out. Still absorbing it, thought I had heard the Zombies in their entirety through the years, but this disc has proved me wrong (happily). Love it!

12. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

No need to thread crap, Mr. DVD man! ;)

That album has been thoroughly covered in the past few days, here:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7258

:sigh:

13. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Robert,

Great description of the disc. It sounds great and every time that I give it a listen, it feels likes the first time I heard it - I continue to be amazed.

When a disc achieves that quality - it is a winner!:agree:

Cannot wait for more of these dual-layer SACD's mastered by Steve!:righton:

Bob

14. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

My eternal question--or one of them, anyway--

Do any brick-and-mortar (or metal and fiberglass) retails stores stock this item of wonder?

15. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Agreed - all 4 of the Audio Fidelity SACDs that Steve Hoffman mastered are excellent. And now that you can get them for $14.99 at Red Trumpet and the other web sites that sell SACDs, I think many folks will get all four.

Very well done indeed.

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Thanks, Brian and all.

17. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Went to Berekley today and NONE of the outlets ( Tower, Amoeba, Rasputins) had the Zombies! Bummer!

18. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Well, the first 4 Audio Fidelity SACDs just came out on Tuesday and the various web stores that sell SACDs (Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, Red Trumpet) have them in stock for $14.99.

You'll probably have to wait a week or two before Tower and the other record stores get them on the shelves.

19. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Oh, BLOOODY HELLLLLL!!!! No wonder the CCR SACD's are late! I ordered them through Tower! Now the Zombies! ARRGGGGGGHHHH!!!
    Good lord, guys, where is the best site to pre-order these things? I am almost ALWAYS behind the hi-def software curve these days, and it's really beginning to peesse me offf....
    Remember, it's been only 14 months since I installed a PC in the crib....help, please help me....ooooooo:rolleyes: Wise me up!

ED:realmad:

And, Steve, if I may quote Mr. L for a sec......FOOOOOOOOOOOKIN' 'ELL!!!

I will now try to chill...and you thought that Montez thing would get to me, Steve, but no...that's just been topped....:sigh:

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Your still in a CRIB? You -are- out out of diapers right? Whew!:laugh:
    How do you fit all that PC equipment in your CRIB? Dont the Bars get in the way?:laugh:

21. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Well, Acoustic Sounds' parent company sells the CCR SACDs on their Analogue Productions label. So that would be the place (www.acousticsounds.com) to preorder and buy the CCR SACDs.

Ditto for Music Direct (www.amusicdirect.com) on the Mobile Fidelity SACDs since Music Direct now owns Mobile Fidelity.

And on Telarc SACDs, you'll get those quickest via Telarc.Com. And, if you order 2 or more Telarc SACDs between now and 11/25 and enter the code HOLIDAY during the checkout process, their web site will give you $5 off the order!

For other SACD labels, I've had good success with pretty much all of the web stores listed above (Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, Red Trumpet, Music Direct). Take your pick - they're all good.

22. John

John Senior Member

Re: Zombies Sacd

23. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Sorry to keep asking this, but are Steve's SACDs going to show up in a retail store, or is it online only? I hope the former, because these SACDs are a great opportunity for some format momentum-building.

24. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

I'm sure they'll be showing up at retail stores in the weeks ahead.

I also heard that Audio Fidelity and Acoustic Sounds will be selling the Steve Hoffman SACDs at the upcoming CES Show in Las Vegas in January.

So for Hoffman fans planning a trip to CES 2003, bring your credit card! :)

25. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I'll be at the Consumer Electronics Show on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, in the main pavillion, hanging with the Audiophiles.

Come and say "hi", y'all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.