Things Hollywood has been doing wrong for years.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JBStephens, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Wait, I've never seen the show but I have some general idea what it is about...and you say they leave the doors open in a world filled with flesh eating zombies?

SomeCallMeTim likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Maybe it's so they can get the F out if they encounter more zombies on the inside.

3. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

what about when they have blazing camp fires in the dead of night and just chill and talk like they are at a boy scout outing? aren't walkers attracted to fires?

wait a minute.. this show almost deserves its own thread, there's so much . . .

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I saw this on twitter and immediately thought of this thread. Credit to @rorynotroy on twitter

rory ⚪️⚫️ on Twitter

Stormrider77 likes this.
  5. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

I like that cliche.

Karnak likes this.
  6. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Making Movies LOL, They've been getting that wrong for years, screenwriters etc. haven't had an original thought in a long time.

7. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Dead bodies in coffins or on autopsy tables with moving eyelids or heaving chests.

8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's a weird take on the character. From my review:

"Depp’s snarling performance doesn’t help. Depp makes Whitey an interesting personality, but he never feels like a real person, as that pervasive sense of evil becomes overwhelming. Cripes, Depp’s Bulger offers such a “movie monster” that at one point, I actually thought he’d turn into a bat and fly away. "

9. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

I haven't gotten round to seeing Black Mass yet but at first I thought Johnny Depp was making another Hunter S Thompson movie based on that look:laugh:

Oatsdad likes this.
  10. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Computer hackers do everything like break into servers on the fly and inexplicably know where the backdoors are. Any programmer knows this is impossible. You need insider information or this is needle and haystack stuff.

11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Missing girls found dead are ALWAYS pregnant but for some reason it's only when the they do a second autopsy the cops find out.

12. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

To give credit where it is due, Mr Reese in 'Person Of Interest' is gifted his cool living space by his comrade in arms and wealthy benefactor Finch(nice episode). I also thought of Tom Hanks's character's apt. in 'Big', but that may be more of a stretch. Maybe a couple exceptions.
    Anyway, carry on...

13. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Going along with music/record mistakes in movies, I love The Royal Tenenbaums but there is a scene in which the Margot and Richie characters listen to the Rolling Stones' Between the Buttons (the American version, appropriately as they are American, and they do show a London label). They put the stylus down about halfway through a side, which is about right, and first listen to "She Smiled Sweetly." "Ruby Tuesday" starts immediately after it. I love both songs, but they are not right next to each other on the album or in that order. It goes Ruby Tuesday -- Connection -- She Smiled Sweetly on the record.

Just a minor quibble, as I do love the movie and they got most things right in the scene. And it's nice to see a great deep cut like "She Smiled Sweetly" get played in a movie.

14. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

15. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

nowadays they are english

16. Oh yeah, exceptions are there for sure. However look at the movie "Ted" where Mark Walberg's character works at a car rental outlet and his apartment is on Marlborough street in Boston's fashionable (and expensive$) Back Bay neighborhood. No way brother....

17. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

...at least they got the red mono U.S. London label right.

DHamilton likes this.
  18. Which ones offend the most? I find these movies run the gamut from pretty bad (Iron Man 3) to very entertaining (Captain America Winter Soldier).

19. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

It's the same GD superhero crap story, with WAY TOO MUCH CGI. It's just plain boring.

20. SomeCallMeTim

SomeCallMeTim Forum Resident

Since we've brought up superheroes, can we have at least one appear who isn't traumatized and depressed because he/she is a superhero? Bruce Wayne, in particular, needs some serious therapy and/or psychotropic meds if he's still this deeply disturbed over the loss of his parents during childhood.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  21. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but wasn't part of the premise of the movie that when "Ted" first became a "living" creature in their childhood, that they both kinda became celebrities? Presumably they might have earned a bit of dough from that.

22. Or he could have inherited a fortune from his dear departed Grandmother -but neither possibility was given a second of time or thought in the movie.

23. geralmar

geralmar Forum Resident

I don't know about currently, but at one time there seemed to have been a standardized "jungle sounds" effect in movies and television. In the IMDB "Goofs" section for Cape Fear (1962), a movie set in the deep south and ending on the Cape Fear River in North Carolina," a contributor wrote: "One can distinctly hear the laughing voice of the Kookaburra, a bird found only in Australia." With that knowledge my favorite suspense movie now turns into a cartoon at precisely the wrong moment.

SomeCallMeTim and realkilroy like this.
  24. geralmar

geralmar Forum Resident

I once read an article in which a sound effects person (sadly unidentified) was asked why in movies a fistfight sounded like sides of beef being whacked with a board. His answer: "Because movies are cartoons."

25. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

For all the grief the sequels got, Trinity used a genuine exploit to hack the power grid computers in The Matrix Reloaded according to Security Focus:

Matrix Sequel Has Hacker Cred