Third Man Records Vault #36 (Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PretzelLogic, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

if they do it will be exclusively for sale to vault members. or do you mean a second black press? where do you see the supremes box a la carte?

2. RandelPink

RandelPink The camel wore a nightie

I think he means second black vinyl issue. The Supremes a la carte is currently listed in the vault novelties for an absurd $40 for a 7".

3. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

I would think, at some point, this would have to be repressed on standard black. But who knows what they're agreement with the ZFT stipulates...

4. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

No, the Supremes box was never a vault release. They have never sold a vault release individually AFAIK.

5. Dreaddazzman

No, they have. Both Jack White solo albums and Loretta Lynn come to mind. I think it just depends on the title. They seem fine to do it with actual album releases, but not any of the special live titles, etc.

Edit - last post should have said "their agreement", not "they're agreement". Apparently I don't know the difference...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    AZRunner likes this.
  6. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

well that is not alacarte that is a separate release.

but ya I think black vinyl of the album is possible but not something to bank on.

7. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

I'm expecting the ZFT to do something next year for the album's 50th anniv. As I've written before, Ahmet has mentioned a desire to release some type of "all things Beefheart" set. Ahmet is a Beefheart fan and that's a good thing.

8. Dreaddazzman

Good to know, wasn't aware of that. And I agree, given this is the first pressing in the last ten years, I have to imagine they'll make it available to a broader audience at some point, whether it's pressed by TMR or not.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  9. Phaneronic

Phaneronic Forum Resident

thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/sneak-peek-vault-36-items

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. usethefourth

usethefourth Well-Known Member

The early photos of the vinyl look awesome. Hopefully it sounds good as well!

Dreaddazzman and Phaneronic like this.
  11. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Was really hoping to get this one by the end of the month. Doesn't look like it from TMR's update. Always seems like I have to leave town right around the time a Vault package shows up, and because they make you firm down the address months ahead of time... Ugh.

Phaneronic likes this.
  12. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

One of those is mine! :)

Kid A and Phaneronic like this.
  13. Krivers

Krivers Forum Resident

When do we expect these to ship?

14. RandelPink

They just announced that it started today with Overseas orders first. I would guess domestic would be early next week.

Phaneronic likes this.
  15. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Dammit. How on earth did this thread not make it to the top pages when I was reading the forum in April? This is the first I've seen of it so I've missed out.

What I mostly care about is a proper vinyl release mastered by Chris Bellman. Hopefully the ZFT can do a good black vinyl version of their own down the road, otherwise I'm living with the old CD.

Phaneronic likes this.
  16. Champagne Boot

Really hoping this shows up before the end of next week...

Phaneronic likes this.
  17. radiogod

radiogod Forum Resident

My Canada bound order shipped friday and just cleared customs

Scope J, LoveandTheft and Phaneronic like this.
  18. DrewMeyer

DrewMeyer Forum Resident

My US order shipped today, probably one of the first since it ships alphabetically by first name and my name's Andrew. Scheduled to arrive by Friday, really looking forward to this

19. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

I'm a "D" in the USA and FedEx says mine is scheduled to arrive today. Woohoo!!!!

ex_mixer likes this.
  20. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

It's weird, but I got the shipping notice yesterday with the comment that they ship in order of your name. I'm a "T" so I assumed it would be a few days before I received my copy. Nope. FedEx tracking shows expected delivery for today. I'm going to have to somehow squeeze this in between all of the Rolling Stones LPs that I'm making my way through.

robtodd likes this.
  21. Dreaddazzman

Interesting. There's no way they're shipping these in alphabetical order then. I'm an "M" and still haven't gotten a shipping email.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  22. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Looking forward to some reviews here. Vinyl looks beautiful.

Phaneronic likes this.
  23. Champagne Boot

I've seen a lot of people elsewhere, and I think it's even happened for me, where you will get either very inaccurate or no shipping notice at all for Vault packages, and it shows up early and/or unannounced. Also remember that it's first name, not last, in case that makes a difference.

Mine's apparently on the truck, hoping the fedex guy shows up soon, bored of waiting around to let him in the building.

24. Dreaddazzman

Yeah, it's possible that they just haven't sent the email yet and it's on its way. That said, I can't recall a time when that's been the case, at least for me.

People on the TMR site with first name starting with "M" have also reported getting the email. I'm not worried about not getting it, I'd just like the email so I can track delivery as I will be out of town this weekend and want to make sure someone can get it, if it's going to be delivered while I'm away.

25. RandelPink

Just saw on FB, the new re-issue comes with the lyrics sheet insert! Brilliant, I was surprised there was not mention of it for the promotional blurb. Very excited to have it as the other reissue copies I have never came with it.

Vinyl looks great too, can't wait for delivery :pineapple:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.