This is not Gold . What kind of @^%$ is this?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Ronflugelguy, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

2. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

3. Ronflugelguy

But where did the picture come from? It sure doesn't look stock to me.:confused:

4. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I think eBay has no clue to what they're doing.

5. Ronflugelguy

I think this guy knows and giving just enough info to keep himself out of hot water. With that picture intact, maybe he thinks that one might not read the description before bidding. Then when they complain would note the wriiten description stating it is not a gold disc. I have never seen a picture like that showing the disc itself from the ebay database.Or maybe I'm wrong.

6. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Regular aluminum CDs being listed as gold are rampant on ebay and pretty annoying. I always send the seller a question if in doubt.

7. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Ron: it just looks like a picture taken indoors under tungsten light without a flash...which gives it that orangey/yellowey glow. Aside from the color, that looks like a stock Fantasy CD to me. (I collect a couple other Fantasy artists...the discs look about the same.) The cover art is also similarly colored in that photo. That's definitely something the user posted! The small CD cover thumbnail (with the more correct color) would probably be from Muze.

The seller has been bitten by the "Muze" problem, using their incorrect title for the item listed. Ebay's fault for using Muze's incorrect data. What REALLY ticks me off is this:

"The seller, ricks0me, assumes full responsibility for the content of this listing and the item offered."

So Ebay won't even take responsibility for THEIR incorrect data. :sigh:

8. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

He has a Buy it Now of $4.50, and statest that it is not a gold disc in the text, clearly it is not his fault I would think

9. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

The less experienced sellers aren't noticing the gold reference .There's a Billy Joel 52d St that's described as a Mastersound - I e-mailed to ask and was told that it's not. I see more than a few every week...

10. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

That's the stock issue. The yellow background and the poor lighting makes the disc look gold.

MUSE is to blame. Not the seller. This happens quite a bit. :(

I've owned all the stock CDs.

11. Ronflugelguy

I think what bothers me is we have to wade through all to see if these items are really DCC, when the words DCC should NEVER reach the AD. But it seems to me that sometimes these seller want these to post in a DCC search, as to get more exposure.The bottom line is that EBAY's data base leaves a lot to be desired.

12. Sckott

Not unlike the mishaps with Half.com. They put DTS and Gold CDs on the main database and totally screwed up buyers. I sent back 9 used CDs thinking I was going to get Gold & DTS product. Doh!

You have to be very careful.

13. Ronflugelguy

I guess Buyer beware.:(

14. Sckott

In this case, unless you're collecting the golds FOR that reason, you might be better off with the SACD Hybrids. IMHO, a better product for the sake of SACD at least.

15. Ronflugelguy

Green River is the last DCC Creedence I need. Maybe I'll get Mardi Gras on SACD. Have the first five AP lps also.

16. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Is the UPC code for the DCC Green River gold disc 010963106428

The gold tinted album is not the stock photo.

17. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Yes.

18. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Actualy I think somebody needs to check a gold DCC in order to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.