This is one funny-looking speaker

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SVL, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVL

SVL Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Hey, check out the funky blue version!

[​IMG]

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Looks like a Space Needle... Would be interesting if just for a woofie, but the high frequencies - would they disperce well twords' ya?

Part of it also looks too much like a coffee table. I know some people who WOULD lose their drink on that. Neat tho!

4. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

I'm a little skeptical on that 360 dispersion concept with upper mids and highs (especially with downward/upward firing drivers that bounce the signal?). These type designs seem to be geared towards people who are outside the ideal listening area, but I've never listened to a speaker system set up this way so I can't really comment on how well that technology works. Could be one of those designs that looks good on paper...but? Their site did not give any details on the drivers (assuming that's what's being used) or crossover points. I'd love to hear a set though.

edited to add: apparently these are some sort of planar design?

5. SVL

SVL Forum Resident Thread Starter

I learned about these from a person in Moscow, who thought they were the best-sounding speakers at a hi-fi show that they had there last week. Not really a surprise, since "regular" speakers cannot be placed in those hotel rooms properly most of the time.

They do employ dynamic drivers of some kind; looks like the site is deliberately vague on that.

The company sales people at the show were asking $2500/pr for the biggest model with some sort of a "luxury" finish. Well, if not anything else it is a cool piece of wood:).

6. mazort

mazort New Member

Wow!

I think Frank Lloyd Wright did something similar, but in a building, not a speaker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.