"This Year's Model" . . . Am I Nuts?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontokyo, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Bingo! Not an easily accessible song, but absolutely brilliant...

2. Does the Imperial Bedroom bonus disc contain the fast version of "Town Cryer"? Why it was left off the Ryko/Demon remaster is beyond me. I still have the 12 inch single of "Man Out Of Time" where the song originated. The Denon rep (distributors of Ryko in Canada) at the time of the Ryko remasters told me that at the end of the run, Ryko/Demon were going to issue a disc of the leftovers such as the fast version of "Town Cryer" and the live cover of The Damned - "Neat Neat Neat", b side of Stranger In The House. It of course, never happened.

Attached Files:

3. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

Well, if the Rhino's do offer better sound quality, then I guess I have to go out and buy 'em to replace the Ryko's I have which replaced the Columbia's which repalced the original albums I bought new back then, sigh...... does it ever end? :)

As for Imperial Bedroom- I think its a good record but not a great record. I remember clearly when the album came out 20 years ago (and I was a mere lad of 18- now I'm almost staring 40 in the face- where does the time go??) I saw him concert also that summer and again the following year for Punch the Clock.

When it comes to EC/Attractions- I think just about every song he did was great from start to finish from My Aim Is True on thru Trust. Then his sound started to change a little on Imperial Bedroom. I dunno..maybe its that straw hat he's wearing on the back cover which always turned me off:)

Actually, I guess the first departure was '81's Almost Blue-- I must mention his version of "How Much I Lied" on that record is Great!

But if I had to choose, my fave 2 are Get Happy & Trust. I certainly like Trust MUCH better than I.B. (You'll Never be a Man is a good drum workout for your speakers:) And Get Happy - well thats just a 20 song MASTERPIECE from start to finish (the original version that is, excluding the bonus tracks and all) which belongs on the All Time Greatest Album List for sure.

I hate to say it though but after I.B and just a few tracks on P.T.C., I just havent been able to get into too much of his stuff. His new album came out recently, I heard a track or two on WFUV here in New York, but didnt do anything for me. I'd just rather go back to his classic early albums when he could do no wrong. (Same feeling with The Stones after Tattoo You and Dylan with Infidels)

Is there anyone else here who has the 1980 Attractions solo record- "Mad About the Wrong Boy"- now THATS a cool record! I was amazed to find it on cd a few years ago. Very interesting songs on that record. Elvis does his version of the great "Sad About Girls" on Trust- bonus track.

Regards, B/F.

4. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Yes, it's on the Rhino bonus disc. It was left off the Ryko for the simple reason of lack of space. (The Ryko CD runs just over 78 minutes.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.