Thor Ragnarok teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thievius, Apr 10, 2017.

1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

yes.... AND, the rainbow shadows remind me of this:

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

In Taika Waititi I trust. I am more worried about the recent Star Wars trailer that seems to promise no fun at all than I am about this. Of course, trailers can be misleading and teaser trailers more misleading still... :)

3. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Forum Resident

-
    Reminds me of STII:TWOK

[​IMG]

4. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Chris Hemsworth has some comedic chops as shown in the Ghostbusters reboot. I think this is hilarious and it's good to see Marvel taking some of the piss out of a stuffy character. I liked the Thor comics as a kid but mostly because of Jack Kirby. It's good to see that the set design here references Kirby's style. Also, giving Thor a round red-white-and-blue shield is funny in itself.

5. neo123

neo123 Forum Resident

When he has hosted SNL, he has been very funny. He does comedy well.

6. Thievius

Thievius Forum Resident Thread Starter

A lot of people (outside these forums) have said this trailer gave them a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with the fonts, the classic rock, and the humor. Its possible since the Guardians and other Marvel franchises are set to converge with the upcoming Infinity War, that they're preemptively beginning to merge the style of these franchises so that the differences aren't so stark when that eventually happens. Though The Avengers and Guardians both feature humor throughout, they're stylistically a bit different and I'm wondering if this is an attempt to blur the lines that separate them. At least, that's my theory. In reality it may end up just being a quirky decision that only affects the teaser. Only time and maybe a couple more trailers will tell.

7. Drew

Drew Forum Resident

I saw GOTG and the 70's music was integrated pretty seemlessly IMO. Thor: Ragnorak might turn out to be a good movie... None of the Marvel movies look cheap (IMO) but when that text popped up on the screen I thought it stood out like a sore thumb and looked kitschy from the late 70's/early 80's Buck Rogers TV show.