Thor Ragnarok*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thievius, Apr 10, 2017.

1. shokhead

shokhead Let's get back to basics!

Musicman1998 likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Kudus to Wonder Woman's adrenaline rush theme.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It must've cost SO MUCH.....
    when it came on AGAIN, all I could think of was the negotiations, and the Marvel people probably saying,
    "If we're paying that much, we're playing it TWICE!!"

4. shokhead

shokhead Let's get back to basics!

Seems odd to think that.

5. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Saw this last night and it was extremely enjoyable. Marvel seems to always cast the right actors in these rolls. Really well done.

6. Andy Smith

Andy Smith Forum Resident

Easily the funniest film I've seen all year.

7. The Hud

The Hud Seventh Hud of a Seventh Hud

Finally saw this last night and really enjoyed it.

Bring on Black Panther and Infinity War!

8. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

If they played it twice, that just makes it cost even more. That's how synchronization licenses are negotiated. Duration of use, popularity of the production, potential for money to be made, etc. When it's released for sale on DVD and BD, they'll need another license put in place, and that won't be a one time payment. That will be per unit sold.

9. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Immigrant Song made the movie - I mean literally not figuratively. I saw an interview with the director where he said that he made a sizzle reel with the song to sell his services (or the film concept - not sure where it was in the process).

Immigrant Song made the movie - I mean figuratively not literally for me. It is my favorite LZ song. It still would have been an enjoyable movie without it.

BTW - I don't often go to theaters to watch movies. I think it was the first time I sat through the credits. I was with my son and most of the theater stayed seated. I'm not sure the wait was worth it - I could probably have seen the extras on youtube later. My main thought was - Holy cow, a lot of people worked on the film.