Thoughts about those flimsy LP mailers EU sellers use

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by 1970, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1970

1970 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I realize after moving from the US to the UK that those dreaded, all-too-thin LP mailers that are made from recycled board work fine in the hands of postal services run by EU countries. Not once have I received a damaged album, or even a pack with a dinged corner. I routinely receive new acquisitions from Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia and it's always the same happy ending. So now I can pretty much isolate most of the problems I experienced in the past and blame the US postal service for gross negligence. Once records packed like this leave the EU, all bets are off. EU sellers need to understand this. Overseas buyers should always request double packing, even if you have to pay a little more.

2. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Interesting. I never considered that maybe that packaging was actually adequate for EU and UK. It sure is not adequate for shipping across to the US, no way, no how.

3. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

I ordered a new Pere Ubu LP from Rarewaves and they used a envelope mailer...

The corners were badly bent & that was the 1st and last time for that
    s _ _ t!

I always asked what type of mailer their business uses & if it's not a cardboard mailer I don't buy from them...

Burn me once,your fault...
    Burn me twice,not happening man!

Dave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.