Three Dog Night...?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Highway Star, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I see your point:) See we agree! LOL.

2. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Grant,

You bring up a very important point--the "hit" versions. When I am craving the hits from a particular era, I want the "hit version" that made me get excited about that song in the first place. When I am in an album mood, well, I pull out the album and listen to that album as a listening experience. Of course, I only do this several times a year. ;)

In other words, I am a compilation guy. Listening to song after song by the same artist simply gets burdensome for me. I grew up with Top 40 Radio and spent those years working in Radio so listening to an album side is really difficult for me. Even Classic Rock radio plays a mix of album tracks.

Great Archies find there....

Bob

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Trust me, I did a better job of reconstructing those Archie albums myself!

4. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

I have the LP and the CD of Harmony. Does any one know where to get the verison of Old Fashoned Love Song with the "old time" vocal break before the end on CD? It's on the LP but, the CD has the drum break. That's what I've always loved about this song! There they go changing History! :mad:

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The version of this song with the vocal and guitar breakdown before the end IS the single version, and can be found on the double CD set, "Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story". It is in stereo. The straight version without the breakdown is on the regular LP title and the other greatest hits CDs from the 80s.

6. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

Grant,
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.:o I guess I'm going shopping!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.