Thumbs up for CCR Hybrid

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

I purchased CCR debut album on the new hybid sacd/cd remasters. Now I do not have a SACD player yet- but this has to be the most transparent sounding cd I have heard. The amount of detail in the high frequencies is remarkable. I say this because it does not hurt my ears ( unlike other SBM down coverted discs I own). Of course it does not sound as natural in the highs as my analogue rig- but the information appears to be there. Sounds like a primo moving coil cartridge with out the vinyl distortion and top end rise. Now it's time for me to take a serious look at SACD/CD players.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Have fun!

3. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member

Thanks for the intelligent, detailed critique, reb. Now you've got ME interested in the damn things--and I've been perfectly happy with the DCCs. Can you make any comparisons between the two issues?

4. reb

I have every DCC Creedance except their first album. That's why I sprung $25 clams to get it- so I can't compare for you. I do recall reading somewhere that out of the series this may be the most detailed on top. But for all i know they may all be like this.

5. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Steve did do just a wonderful job on these discs. If you think the redbook layer is good, wait till you hear the DSD layer!

6. Carl Hoffmann

Carl Hoffmann Senior Member

Another big :thumbsup: to Steve on this CCR debut album. Completely devasting sound!!! I can't imagine anything sounding any better? The opening track speaks best to Steve's magic......."I Put A Spell OnYou".......:)

7. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I don't think I could do a whole CCR album, but I've enjoyed the first Chronicle compilation. Are there any good pressings of that one, or is there only one?

8. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Rudy - you should give one a shot. They are short and sweet, and flow very well. I actually get more fatigued from Chronicles. That collection whacks you over the head! In a good way, though. :)

9. -=Rudy=-

I've gotten my 4-year-old to say a foreboding phrase around the house lately: "I see a baaaad moon risin'!" ;) Now she knows the song, and likes it almost as much as "Got Home At The Wrong 5 O'Clock" by Eric Heatherly. :D

10. reb

reb

As far as LP pressing go, I can't help you there. But the 1995 George Horn mastered Gold CD is quite good. May even still be available. Cat #CCGCD-22-2. There also was a Gold Chronicles Vol.2.

11. -=Rudy=-

Re: reb

No biggie about vinyl--it won't fit in my in-dash, and I don't have time for a needle drop! But that gold CD may do the trick. I'll watch for it!

12. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Steve, anyone, are there plans to release the rest of the CCR lps on SACD?

mud-

13. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Well, as of about 1 month or so ago, I e-mail Chad at Acoustic Sounds and he indicated that at that time there were no plans to release the last two CCR albums as SACD.

But I recently read somewhere that at CES he stated that they are seriously considering releasing both "Pendulum" and "Mardi Gras" on SACD after all.

Personally, I hope so. I purchased "Pendulum" on AP vinyl (as well as 4 of the first 5), and I have all 5 SACDs. I purposely did not pick up "Mardi Gras" on vinyl since I assumed there would be an SACD. I will now wait it out - assuming that there will be SACDs of the last two albums.

Maybe, if Steve has mastered the last two in DSD, he can "leak" the information here when he knows if Chad has finalized his decision on whether or not to release the SACDs. :D

14. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Mike, thanks for the info.

mud-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.