" Ticket To Write " film!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WLL, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

I saw a plenty amazing film on San Francisco PBS, KQED, in their Saturday night " big movie " slot Tonie called " Ticket To Write ".

2. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  3. Hermes

Hermes Past Master

"The world has changed - there's nothing new anymore.."

4. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

...Thank you. I went away to check the exact subtitle and you got it up first. I saw the 7 minute trailer and it had numerous bits that were't in the version I saw on 'QED. Did they show an edit of it? The film seems to be a couple years old, showed at a couple festivals and KQED prior to this.
    This night it shows just once - If showed as part of 'QED's " big.movie/special " Sat nite slot, where I saw " Picnic ", before, and where they show things twice - But tonight, with the Daylight Savings transition knocking an hour off the schedule, they had two " biggies " that were shown twice as Pledge Week crowd-oleasers, with the usual PBS interruptions -A How To Eat Healthy thing and Concert For George - Hey, I know what gets response here:love::D:cool:;) - were the features, with Ticket To Write showung just once in-between those showings, IIRC with no mentioning of if coming from the hosts on-screen and NO INTERRUPTIONS:laugh: -Wgeb they bought the rights to show it before did they contractually get two showings and this was burning off the second one:confused:?
    I, myself, liked it loads, again!:goodie::agree::laugh:
    Hermes, you saw it?

5. Hermes

Hermes Past Master

No no, just this trailer - looks interesting.

6. Edward Turner

Edward Turner New Member

I'm the Executive Producer of Ticket to Write and wanted to extend my thanks for the kind words here .... Currently , we've aired on 30 + PBS affiliates across the country and the number seems to be growing .. Originally , Ticket to Write was released in 2016 , available on Amazon.com ( its free with an Amazon Prime acct .) , and has gotten something of a second life on PBS .... Any questions , please do not hesitate to let me know .... Ed Turner , Road Ahead Productions , LLC (www.roadaheadpro.com)

7. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Welcome! :wave:

Edward Turner likes this.
  8. Edward Turner

Edward Turner New Member

Hey Will , you're right -- some of what you saw in the 7 min trailer didn't end up on -screen when the film was broadcast on PBS .... at the time we began working with PBS on a television release , we were also editing the final cut .. what we ended up with was a little longer than what PBS wanted , so we trimmed it by four , five minutes and that's what you saw on KQED .... glad to know you enjoyed it !! At one time , I had a 100 or so copies of the soundtrack on CD , but those were promotional and were sent out to radio stations and magazines .. When we re- stock , which I hope to do within the next month or so , I'll send you a copy ....and anyone else on the forum who'd like to have one :whistle: Best , Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.