Timeless (NBC)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I very much agree with this. I hate seeing these pretty, young things occupying positions of power and seniority when an older 'character' actor would be a much more natural fit. It's the craggy character actors that usually bring a more realistic perspective to a role requiring substance and authority.

kanakaris and Scott222C like this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, those are issues I have a hard time arguing with. Even a show I like, like Daredevil, stretches credulity when the superhero is surrounded by 20 evil thugs, none of whom appear to have a gun, and instead they have a 15-minute extended karate fight. One 9mm handgun will end that fight in about 10 seconds.

Scott222C likes this.
  3. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Really wanted to like this a lot. It has the Sci Fi factor + Abigail Spencer factor. Two things I'm a huge fan of. Almost turned it off 15 minutes in. Too much, too fast, no character development, at all. But that Abigail Spencer thing you know...

Anyway, we thought it was just good enuf to warrant a second viewing here at Casa Nasty Mk IV. I fear it getting repetitive and or losing all logical credibility (giving time travel paradoxes a pass as, after all, that's pretty much a given with time travel shows so no reason to complain).

4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Only because it was cancelled so suddenly :cheers:

5. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Quantum Leap?

6. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Just watched the first episode and thought it was dreadful.
    Haven't erased it yet so I might do something very rare...give it a second chance and watch it again

7. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

So that will be 2 hours of your life you won't get back instead of just one. :winkgrin:

I wouldn't say it was dreadful but it was nothing great. Not.sure I will continue to watch it.

GodShifter, Blair G. and Lonson like this.
  8. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

After last night's episode I may be done with this show. It really did not hold my interest.

9. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Was tonights episode the 2nd or 3rd?
    My PVR says 3, but I'm pretty sure it's only the 2nd.

Not sure why I care considering I'm not crazy about the show LOL

10. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

@Blair G. It was the 3rd time on but 2nd episode, the second time aired last Friday and was a repeat of the first episode.

Blair G. likes this.
  11. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

So far, it's not so good. I'm disappointed.

12. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

^This. :love:

mrjinks likes this.
  13. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Monday, October 11th was the second episode.

episode 1. Hindenburg.
    episode 2. Lincoln's assassination.

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm less impressed as time goes on. Already slipping into a pattern.

15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

It's shame because I'm sure a lot of hard work, money and good intentions went into this show.
    But I really can't see lasting more than a few episodes.

How have the ratings been?

16. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Trailer looked interesting, but I was already looking at ways this will fail.
    Mostly the problem with time travel shows, is that you are limited to certain important historical events.

Darryl

17. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

Well, for me, I'm enjoying the show at this point. I realize that the weekly plot structure might become an issue over time, but I'm O.K. with how it's been handled so far.

You can't take the show too seriously. There is an underlying comic book-like humour to the dialogue and storylines. Of course, there's the mystery of the antagonist and his motives, and the continual shifts occurring with characters' histories. It could get quite convoluted pretty quickly. But for now, I think it's a good show.

18. It's all about time travel. He can return to the past and erase it. Then get back his two hours and then some. ;)

rockclassics likes this.
  19. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

If you want to watch a show with a time-travel related theme, check out the CW's "Frequency" (based on the movie).
    Two eps in & it's already more compelling than "Timeless", imo.

RickH and Locutus67 like this.
  20. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

There's another time travel themed show that debuted last night, 'Travelers' (at 9 o'clock, so I can watched both shows, one after another). It airs on Showcase in Canada; not certain where its home is in the US.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  21. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

I agree with jpelg.
    As a fan of the original movie, I find Frequency is off to a very interesting start. Timeless seems ready to collapse under it's own weight. I want to like this & will stick it out for a while yet, but my hopes are dim for it's success.
    Frequency's done a good job with some interesting ideas & fleshing out the storyline a bit so far. I'm concerned a bit that it could become plodding if they drag out the movie's events too long without making it interesting. I still have higher hopes for this one. I will check out Travelers too & see how that show gets going.

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Timeless is not much more then the Time Tunnel.

alexpop, kanakaris and Vidiot like this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Frequency has under a 1 rating and has effectively been cancelled:

Frequency, No Tomorrow Not Receiving Back Orders at The CW »

I think Timeless is on the bubble but will be picked up for the rest of the season. I think it's quickly turning into a piece of crap with endless conspiracies and meandering around, a lot of folderol and plot contrivances designed to avoiding giving the audience too much information.

Better effects and more money, but I agree that the stories and acting aren't better.

24. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

I've heard Televisión Española (Spanish public television) is suing NBC for copying a series of them called "El Ministerio Del Tiempo" (Time Ministery). I'm Spanish and live in Spain, but I'm not into Spanish series or movies, I haven't watched El Ministerio Del Tiempo but I'm watching Timeless so I can't really tell if that is true or not.

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i agree, interesting stories if you are a history buff, even a little, but the plot goes absolutely nowhere week after week after week. we have no idea what flynn wants yet, and it has been on for 2 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.