Tire Kickers on USAudiomart?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by plimpington2, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plimpington2

plimpington2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

What is the deal with Audiomart? I listed an item there a few weeks ago (between $1500 and $2000), and I worked out a deal with someone. He actually PayPal-ED me the $$$, then emailed next morning to cancel the deal. I sent his $$ back because . . . who needs the bad karma. Fine. Never happened to me before, but a fluke, I figure.

A week later I go back and forth with a different guy on the same item. He makes an offer within my range over email. I accept over email. And then I never hear from him again.

My decision to refund the guy is on me. I get that. But still - both represent backing out of completed deals. Is that a particular problem with Audiomart? This seems more difficult on audiogon and eBay, I guess.

Judd

2. Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan Forum Resident

The Craigslist lowballer/flake mentality is permeated everywhere these days. I recently had an item listed on Audiogon and Audiomart, and even though I had FIRM listed on my posting - the first 8-9 inquiries on the item were all people making offers, some quite low. One guy, even after I rejected his offers 3 times on agon, started the same round of BS on audiomart. Luckily, my patience held and I received my asking price after a few weeks.

3. plimpington2

plimpington2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ha! So get this - a third guy emailed me yesterday about the item. He made an offer within my range. I accepted via email. He emails back and says it sounds good, and THEN, "can I pay you in two installments"?. Wants to put down $100 now and the rest in a few weeks. Again, in an items that between $1500 and $2000. Uhg! Honestly, I've never seen anything like this in my 20 years of Internet marketplace buying/selling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.