TL Audio 5013

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by GP, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GP

GP Senior Member Thread Starter

This is one of the parametric units that have been mentioned on the SH forum recently. I was thinking of putting a bid in for this myself, but looking at it...geez, I don't even know where I would hook this into my system, and the learning curve looks pretty steep. The only equalizer I ever used was a Rat Shack 10-band graphic, and the best thing about that was the IMX expander. I figured one of the other audionuts here would have a better crack at this auction.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

This kind of tool can be dangerous to the music if one doesn't really understand the theories and ways of a true Parametric. I'm still learning and I've been working with them since 1982.

3. GP

GP Senior Member Thread Starter

Usually when I hear the word Dangerous I think of opening up my power supply or working inside my monitor, maybe stepping on the third rail...now Parametric EQ? I've really lost me nerve now!

Here's the thread that got me wondering about this kind of sound sculpting in the first place, for those who haven't already seen it.

Parametric EQ

What ever you do, be careful. Bad EQ could make your 12-string sound like...a harpsicord!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.