To all Forum members and guests: Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe D.

Joe D. Forum Resident

Happy New Year to all of you!

I'm staying home and watching some Marx Brothers movies.

They were always on WGN after midnight two movies back to back!
    A little Belgian ale for me tonight! :cheers:

Joe

2. Angel

Angel New Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Be safe, everyone! I'll be back in town next week (vacation). I miss the Forum!

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

An A N G E L sighting!!!

And we miss Y O U, Angel. The testosterone
    levels of late have been, shall we say, through the freakin' roof. Come back soon! Need ya!

(Do I sound desperate? Yes!!!):angel:

ED:cool:

4. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Helps to keep us in line knowing that ladies are watching.

5. thomh

thomh New Member

It is now 3 1/2 hours left of the old year here in Norway and I have just finished an excellent dinner with friends and family.

I want to wish everyone A HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Looking forward to be further entertained on this forum in the new year!

Thom

6. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Happy New Year to Steve, the gorts and all members.

My best wishes for success in your personal and business endeavors.

May your remasters colection grow during 2003.

7. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Well, what can I say that has not already been said? :)

Best wishes and good health to all in the coming year!
    This year I found this forum and it is now my #1 place to be when I am online, thanks again everyone for great conversation!!!! :)

8. Kevin Sypolt

Kevin Sypolt Senior Member

Same here! :D

My wife is jealous because of all of the time I spend on the forum (You on there again?). She enjoys listening to good music though! Happy New Year one and all!!!

9. Joseph

Joseph Senior Member

A GREAT New Year to all!

There's no place like home (except for this forum)!

10. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Wishing a Happy New Year to all.

Jim W.

11. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

Happy New Year everyone!

12. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Hi Kevin,
    At least she knows where you are......

13. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

14. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

So far this year I have spent 100% of my time on the forum - is this a record ? and if so do you think I could get Steve to remaster it :D

Hope the fireworks go off with a bang wherever you are - Andrew

15. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Happy New Year to you all!

Don't drink and drive. Call a cab or get a friend to drive if you drink. Walk if you have to.

If you do drink and drive, and if you get pulled over, you may find yourself fighting an uphill battle against some very stiff DUI laws. Better to have stayed home. Refuse the field sobriety tests and don't answer the officer's barrage of questions. Provide only your name, license, registration, and insurance. Volunteer no information. Assert your right to remain silent and your right to an attorney. Be courteous to the officer. Cross your fingers.

Be safe out there. Groove on! 2003, here we come!

16. John B

Not quite. Back in the great winter of '83 some poor geezer spent all of his time on the forum and then some.

17. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

oooh...it's almost that time...HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Big wet kisses to all from Britney.

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

A BIG CYBER HUG TO MY CYBER FAMILY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!ALL YOU GREAT PEOPLE HERE ON THE FORUM!!!!!! To a great 2003!!!!!!!!

19. John B

Happy New Year to you folks.
    We had planned a party but my wife has a cold as do two of our boys. It's nice to be here at the forum.
    John

20. Ed Bishop

Same here, John...the common cold is a small demon; take care, and get your gang over it.........

The first party we went to was pretty good, mostly REPUBLICANS(as I've posted, don't' take it personally; friends are friends)and a good friend remembered that :D drinks club soda, chilled, no ice.

The second appearance was more liberal, but not exactly DEMOCRATIC(as I've posted, don't take it personally; friends are friends)but a good friend did NOT remember that, and tried to ply me with a Gin & Tonic(!), a drink he remembered from days of....yore....one sip and it was handed back: Tonic Water/Soda(Quinine)is as full of sugar as a can of regular soda...maybe worse...but he didn't know. No blame. But the GF and sister weren't fond of the atmosphere anyway, so here I am.....a little earlier than I would have wished, but maybe better off for it.

I think the both of them are watching GLADIATOR at this time...to ring in the New Year, as it were....I smell popcorn smells...yeh, they're happy.
    As long as they leave me here to go over that boot Teddy Bears one more time....

21. John B

Ed,
    People have a hard time accepting change. They want you to do what you used to do.
    We know you as a great guy who knows a lot about music. Your past is less relevant. It's what you are now.
    John

22. Ed Bishop

Thanks for your kind words and support, John. It means a lot, really. The truth is, Quinine water does have heavy sugar levels, alcohol aside. DIET Quinine I tried(after I was first diagnosed with Db); yecch! Bad as TAB.
    That's when I learned I had to adjust to coffee w/cream(no sugar). etc.
    No donuts, muffins, everything most people can eat with abandon. Got over it. It's tough mingling with friends who can eat whatever they want, but these parties are harder: a lot of drinking and eating well beyond what I'm used to, and the familiar smells all come back. I think sis & GF understood this and got me out as soon as possible(the 'current' music didn't help our dispositions either).

The truth is, nobody plays DCC Golds at New Year's Eve parties--or anywhere else outside the Gort gathering this evening
    :rolleyes: . All would be better off, but, 'tis just between the few, precious few of us who know Steve and what he has done.

23. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I'm back from the New Years celebration thingie. Went to see Mamma-Mia (lots of fun!) and dropped off at The Keg for nachos & diet pepsi with limes. The W. had red wine & champaign.

Pretty low key but I am fighting a cold, hoarse throat, etc. Feel awful. I would have liked to stay here on the forum but what can ya do!

Waiting for the Sandman (America) now. Should not be too long.

A great 2003 everyone!

24. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde New Member

Happy New Year, all!

Here's to a wonderful 2003!

:) ;) :)

25. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Happy New Year everyone!!!!! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.