Tom Cruise/Jimmy Fallon Discuss Laserdiscs + Vinyl

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nbakid2000, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Cruise was on Fallon this week talking vinyl briefly and dropping the names McIntosh and Synergistic Research.

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Nice seeing Tom Cruise be real person for once rather than being a robot like the last 15 years of his life.

3. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

True, he's one of the few actors I like.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think Cruise is a very calculated guy who plans exactly how he's going to promote a movie. I'm not saying he can't be "real," but I think what you see on TV in interviews is just one version of how he is. I think he's acting a lot of the time. I know people who have worked with him, and they generally say he's very hard-working and good to work with, but has a temper on occasion, particularly if there's slow-downs or delays.

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

??

Why would union regulations prevent him from operating a film projector in his own house?

6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Can anyone run a 35MM film projector, even at home?

7. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

It's always fascinating to see anyone in the industry actually take an active interest in any form of the necessary technology even if only for their personal enjoyment. I have always been flabbergasted by how many simply don't care in both daily life and professional life.

Then again I'm the one who wants to resurrect all kinds of old systems. The great thing about both vinyl and my Laserdisc addiction is that it requires an active passion and focus which leads to greater knowledge and enjoyment.

8. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I'd like to hang out with Shakira and watch cartoons.

chilinvilin and chacha like this.
  9. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Well for starters where would he get the films? The union projectionist brings them within 20 minutes. Cant offer a better explanation since I don't really know.

chilinvilin likes this.
  10. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I see. I thought you were saying he had a film projector, but wasn't allowed to operate it, whether he knew how or not.

chilinvilin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.