Tom Morello (RATM) vs. Seattle restaurant

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by four sticks, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

He sounds a bit spoiled. Glad to see the owner support his staff.

3. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I like Tom, but yeah, he was off the mark and sounds like he rightfully got put in his place by the owner.

dlokazip likes this.
  4. four sticks

The restaraunt owner's response:

For the record Tom Morello - The 5 Point is totally pro-worker. We try to pay more than any other small restaurant, and on top of the higher pay, we offer health insurance, paid sick days, paid time off, retirement and profit share. Sorry if you had an issue with our staff, but typically our staff is awesome, and when they are not, it's usually a reflection of the customer. Act like a prick = get treated like a prick.

I have to say, your attacking a small business without knowing anything about it, or addressing your problem with them directly before you go on a public rant, pretty much sucks. Just lost a ton of respect for you, and I've been a fan for years, both of your work in Rage and your work for workers rights since.

PS - rock stars don't get special treatment at The 5 Point. We couldn't give less of a ****. Sorry.

And PSS - I'm the owner of the 5 Point and have worked to raise the minimum wage in Seattle and support the same nationally, worked to get paid sick days law in Seattle, and am supporting a City sponsored retirement plan for employees of small businesses. I hope you do the same for your employees on the road...

PSSS - turns out he and his crew didn't get let in as the place was at capacity and there was a line. No one was being let in. According to our doorman who I totally trust, Tom and his crew were all totally rude. Quote from the door guys "I knew who he was, we had no room, his whole party was being rude. He wanted a special room in the back. Clearly had no ideas what it is like inside. I've told bigger rock stars than him no."

Tim Wilson, dee, pscreed and 3 others like this.
  5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

But he's a RAWK STAR !!! :help:

6. Django

Django Forum Resident

Rage against the washing machine?

7. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

8. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Rage Against The Restaurant

Naughty Chord likes this.
  9. four sticks

Rage Against prima donna B level Rockers

Atmospheric and artfromtex like this.
  10. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

Perfect time for the doorman to say "f*** you I won't do what you tell me".

11. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

There are no special rooms at the 5 Point. It's a small space with a bar on one side and a diner on the other.

It's also kind of funny that he would choose that place to go to after a benefit for 15 NOW since Dave Meinert was one of its main opponents. Seems like he was looking for a fight.

12. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

Go widdit now!
    Go widdit now!

The prima donna explodes, showin' off to the hoes.
    Either gibbus a seat or maybe out with the f***in' commodes.
    With a sure booth - don't gotta bussa tooth
    Drop an dish and stop, don't call this a co-op.

Err, something.

Pennywise likes this.
  13. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

What a whiny little brat.

14. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

What a twat. I've always loathed his guitar noises (I won't call it playing), and am mystified what Springsteen sees in him, seeing as he has Nils, who stomps all over him in guitar chops, class and he's a better singer to boot.
    But I thought he was a nice guy, and it turns out he's a pretentious little git.

dee likes this.
  15. Bren

Bren Forum Resident

Why should a business owner (who must uphold vital standards to remain in business) have to answer the cries of a musician who, like many of his sociopolitical stripe, has milked hypocrisy and irony for all their worth?

Yeezus, gawd. And yay, twittering Web, I suppose.

16. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Yeah it does look that was his intentions.

17. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Having been there many times, I can say that the rude staff is part of the charm. I even took my parents there when they visited.

18. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

He's never been the brightest guy in rock.

19. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I used to live about a block away and went there all the time. The place is classic. On the other hand, Dave Meinert is a known a****** and his version of the story could be bs just as easily as Morello's.

20. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yes but it's a modern artist we're talking about so we have to take the other guys side because we hate modern.

21. Who cares.

22. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I consider myself a fan of TM, but he's being a total beeatch. Damn shame when someone you like/admire acts like this.

There is a thread about stars being arrogant right now. This serves as a good example of how you shouldn't be throwing your celebrity around.

23. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Seriously. He wrote some great riffs back in the day, but his lead playing pretty much sucks and his goofy tricks got old 20 years ago. Go to 6:24 for the solo with Bruce that had everyone going wild a few years ago. Are you kidding me with this crap? I figured he was a prick in real life.

Carserguev likes this.
  24. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

I live in Seattle, and I've played at El Corazon. It's a fine club that mostly books local metal bands and the occasional former pop star working their way back up. (Aaron Carter and Richard Marx are two of the acts booked in the coming week.) It's mean, I know, but I do sort of relish the idea of someone who's just played a show at El Corazon trying to get a private room at a capacity restaurant on that clout.

25. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Totally love the way the owner responded. I love that they didn't show a celebrity special treatment when other folks were already waiting in line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.