Tom Petty - 68th Birthday on Oct. 20th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by twistandshout, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twistandshout

twistandshout Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thought I'd start this Tom Petty tribute thread on what would have been his 68th birthday.
    I read there was many events in Gainesville this weekend in honor of Tom. They also
    named a local park that Tom spent a lot of time at in his younger days and is now called "Tom Petty Park"

I listened to a lot of Petty's music today and also heard there are 3 shows of Buried Treasure
    that Tom hosted on his Sirius radio channel which were never aired before and one show was aired today
    and the other two will be aired in Nov. and Dec., respectively.

Did anyone play his music today or have a favorite song they like to listen to?

He was the best - and miss him a lot.

[​IMG]

lightbulb and CCrider92 like this.
  2. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this. A few days I realized it has been one year since we ... not sure lost is the right word... said our mortal goodbyes to him. The music lives on. My own life has been crazy but i did find quite a bit of time in 2018 to listen to his music and hope his estate avoids the cliche in the coming years as they decide what to do with his legacy.

3. twistandshout

twistandshout Forum Resident Thread Starter

I never tire of listen to Tom Petty music. He had hundreds of great songs and never a bad one in the bunch either.

4. Tom and I share the same birthday today so every year I celebrate, I raise a glass to Tom with my kids and loved ones around me and this year I reminded my kids why I wanted some of the recent Petty reissues. They've gotten me Echo and Long After Dark most recently. Happy birthday to me but happy birthday to Tom and thanks for the soundtrack of my life!

Mr. D and Nipper like this.
  5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I listen to him enough that I don't care to think about how odd he would have been, nor think too much about the years that pass when he should have made it to his 70s but did not. It's still depressing. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.