Tom Petty Live Anthology Reissue???*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinyl Richie, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I don't blame you. The 5.1 mix is my favorite and my go-to!

marcb likes this.
  2. monovinyl

monovinyl Senior Member

I just ordered a copy on ebay...Seems to good to be true. But, I have paypal protection - I have nothing to lose. I'll report back.

3. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose, as I mentioned above, has been in touch with Warners and they expect to have on hand next week. Mine will be shipped next Wednesday or Thursday.

4. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident Thread Starter

Awesome!!!

5. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Good luck everyone. The my original pressing was from Pallas Germany and cut by Bellman. Hope the new release is as good.

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I’m sure it will be the Bellman cut. Pressing plant is probably TBD.

7. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

Bought one on eBay for 130$. Let’s see if it comes through

8. glide

glide Forum Resident

Bought off eBay and got a shipping notice today. We’ll see.

9. Vinyl Richie

I think the seller on eBay is the same seller on Amazon. As soon as one is sold they put another one up.

10. Vinyl Richie

My best guess is this repress is still to be announced but a few stores have gone rogue and started selling before an announcement.

11. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Title is confusing as there is a TP compilation called Anthology that is out of print. But that is not what is being discussed here.

12. Vinyl Richie

It actually is

13. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I read a few posts and it seemed like it was the Live Anthology being discussed. My bad, if that is incorrect.

14. Vinyl Richie

sully12 likes this.
  15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The thread title should be edited to include "Live".

cwitt1980 likes this.
  16. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I need a copy of this.

17. sully12

sully12 Forum Resident

I picked one up from eBay, it is from Rarewaves. Soooo, either they came across some “lost” copies or a repress. No other retailer I can tell so far is promoting the Live set pre-order. And you know Elusive Disc et al would have sent this in their daily emails.

18. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I really was sorry I missed this one back in the day. SSD is claiming to have limited copies currently and calling it a “warehouse find”.

I’m one of the guys who waited a long time for Pulse but did get one. Currently still waiting on Cinco 2. I went ahead and placed an order for one of these though as I can’t find another site claiming to have it in stock. I really have come to hate SSD but I’ll report back if they come through, likely around Christmas.

19. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Acoustic Sounds refers to it as a Warehouse Find. Just bought one for $149.99 delivered. I would think it makes sense to reissue this but it's possible some large distributor made some old stock available.

20. Vinyl Richie

I just got an email from Sound Stage Direct featuring Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers 7 LP Live Anthology “Warehouse Find Limited Supply.” So there you go...

21. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Anyone trying Soundstage Direct for this, be sure and put in SAVE20 at check-out. I got $30 off yesterday and free shipping.

22. Vinyl Richie

They no longer are allowing the codes on this one it appears.

George Blair likes this.
  23. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I just noticed this email today too. I always wanted this on vinyl. I never got a chance to see him live. I wish I would have paid the ticket price but I refuse to pay certain prices in arenas.

What happened at SSD? I don't come on here as much and I don't order quite as much vinyl but the last few orders from them have taken a long time unless it says in stock. It always arrives though and I'm typically not in a hurry for it. They still package well and offer the best discounts. Other than delayed shipping is there anything else wrong with them? They used to have the best customer service but I'm not sure if that has went down or not.

24. jkerr

jkerr Senior Member

Music Direct has this listed for $119, $107 with LP10 code, 10% off. Just ordered.

Sean, nbadge, bob chabot and 2 others like this.
  25. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

This must've been a fairly large warehouse find. I'd love to know the story behind it.

sully12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.