Tom Petty "Wildflowers" vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kingsley Candler, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willboy

willboy Forum Resident

Wow, that must be some reissue then.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Myke likes this.
  2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Every time someone posts in this thread and I get an alert I think “finally!” :shake:

cwitt1980, Sean, Rodz42 and 2 others like this.
  3. Peja11

Peja11 PC is Neither

My WAG, finally is 2019. 25th anniversary of first release.

4. huckd

huckd Well-Known Member

chacha, Peja11 and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  5. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The price is good. Compared to the digital sourced Wildflowers version that is going for hundreds it is still a good price at $199.99 for the box. Not to mention the new pressing is AAA done by Chris Bellman.

7. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Agreed. Wildflowers has to be coming out this coming year 2019 right?
    If I didn’t have every album already on vinyl besides Wildflowers I would buy it for sure at $199.

8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Wildflowers has not been released separately, which is strange. I hope they release it in 2019, as an MFSL one step.

ellingtonic, Echoes Myron and scotti like this.
  9. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

That would be sweet, but I still think they will release it as some type of deluxe package with unreleased songs and outtakes, but who knows. Just really strange that they are sitting on it like this...has to be a good reason though...

10. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

It'll definitely be great when a free-standing vinyl reissue gets released, especially if we get some groovy outtakes in a promised expanded version.

A friend made me a 24/96 rip of the vinyl box version, and it sounds really nice, but I've been stubbornly insisting that the dirt-cheap original CD is fine. The vinyl-fetish lust for a reasonably priced audiophile Wildflowers has somehow generated the strong presumption that there's something deeply wrong with the standard 16/44 mastering. There isn't.

11. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

Your wife should have a CD-R copy trapped in her car.

12. Peja11

Peja11 PC is Neither

13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There is a 24/96 download which can often be had for a pretty reasonable price.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  14. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

Link?

15. Sam

Sam Senior Member

There is. My vinyl copy of Wildflowers is THE reason I got back into vinyl full steam and put digital second. I compared the two for days years ago and the differences are not subtle. I recall actually laughing out loud at how damn good the vinyl was in comparison to the garbage CD. Strong words, I know, but I know what I heard. And apparently so did everyone else, which is one of the reasons the vinyl is in demand.

willboy and Echoes Myron like this.
  16. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

I’m loving the enthusiasm. “But “garbage CD” is sheer hyperbole.

:cool:

FJFP, The Killer and lucan_g like this.
  17. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

I have it in the vol ii box set, but I’m looking fwd to the special edition that’s hopefully coming out at some point.

500Homeruns and sonofjim like this.
  18. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I couldn't shake how every time I listened to the CD that something was wrong. Listen to the second song. Even on the vinyl it can be hard sounding with the wrong analog front end. Sorry, but that very CD pushed me to order the vinyl back in 1994. Wished I would have order 10!!! Lol. When you here it on a good vinyl front end, you'll know what I speak of.

19. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I bow to you good sir. You have hit the nail on the head! A ONE STEP OF WILDFLOWERS. YES!!!! Could be their first double lp release in that format. Would sell out in days if not hours. I think you need to place a call to MD Monday morning

20. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Listening to vinyl Wildflowers now. Good sounding recording. Could be better, as I believe some have mentioned it was digital. Was there a tape running as well?

21. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

Sam- the original vinyl pressing did not use an analog source; the remaster in the box set did.

richierichie and ellingtonic like this.
  22. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

I just want a stand-alone 33 of this album. I don’t need to flip it 20 times. But I do need it.

23. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Just ordered this for $54 on Amazon.

Peja11 likes this.
  24. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Proof please. Don't see anything that mentions digital on liner notes on original vinyl. Not that I don't believe you. Just want to know how you know. This would be perfect for a company like MFSL to release. Wonder why it's never been done with such a popular title?

25. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Stoney, you are the voice of reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.