Tom Waits Reissuing Anti Records Albums (2017), incl. Orphans (2018) Plus Elektra Back Catalogue *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PretzelLogic, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

:agree:

I was just thinking the same thing. It was very nice of them to make this new release different than the previous one. We're still in the special group!

2. Fair point Les :)

3. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

The RSD albums are also cut differently to the box set. I can't believe they sound as-good, or indeed better, than the Chris Bellman cuts in the box set

scotti likes this.
  4. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Kevin Gray, not Bellman. Wonderful sounding nevertheless.

englishbob likes this.
  5. onlysleeping

onlysleeping Forum Resident

I didn't buy the original years ago. I'm glad it was rereleased, bummed the bonus songs aren't available now .

6. I've not lost any songs on mine, thank goodness. That would be a real wind up. But I've still got the wrong coloured vinyl.
    However, as noted above, these sound pretty darned good and they're as flat as pancakes. No complaints here - though it would be fascinating to hear a comparison with the original pressings.

7. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

I think it's not about the loss of songs but about having 4 Sonic Youth songs on side A....

8. dominguez

dominguez Forum Resident

I noticed that the Blue LP A/B in the Bawlers set has 6 songs on side A and 4 songs on side B but the record sleeve specifies 6 songs on side B. The question is what’s correct the LP or the sleeve?

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  9. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

You mean the inner sleeve? Don't worry about that, all the songs/lyrics are spread over the inners with no relation over the number of tracks in each side. You're good with 4 songs on side B.

10. dominguez

dominguez Forum Resident

Not sure this has been mentioned in this thread but the Bastards and Bawlers LP’s are $16.98 at Amazon

sennj and sonofjim like this.
  11. TheGMaster

TheGMaster Forum Resident

I know a lot of people are mentioning vinyl, but I would like to know if the CDs sound good. Are these new ones worth it compared to the original Elektra CDs? I know the original Island CDs of stuff like Rain Dogs and Swordfishtrombones sound so good that even if they were remastered, I would probably still keep the originals. Is this the same for the Elektra CDs?

12. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Did anyone else order the moss green variant of Heart Of Saturday Night Remastered | 180g Vinyl in the EU shop and actually received the black variant? I really think that this is a big scam, because they just left them available in the shop and people were able to order them. And just sending the black one although the green one was ordered is fraud...

13. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Playing The Heart Of Saturday Night LP Anti reissue that I got from Amazon yesterday.
    Definitely a budget release going by packaging and pressing plant used.
    I got a quiet copy and it does sound really good with the acoustic bass recorded very well.

Terry and John D. like this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

better call interpol!

actually why not contact the record label first and see what they have to say?

15. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

:) I was upset .... Still I think it's unfair.

I did contact them, takes time to get an answer.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

:laugh:

17. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

I have tried Some new ones And compared them with The elektra cd's you can't find them in this tread a few pages back.
    In most cases I prefer the elektra cd's

18. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Stupid me....The Heart of Saturday Night never was for pre-order in moss green vinyl... Mea culpa, my mistake :shh:

19. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

Wow! o_O

20. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  21. Rimshottbob

Rimshottbob Forum Resident

Can I just say, with no offence to the owner of those records above in that image.... but this to me is why all records should be pressed on black vinyl.... that yellow looks ridiculous and hideous! And totally inappropriate for the music contained within..... is that canary yellow real? Jeez...... awful, awful, awful....

22. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

I love colored vinyl, but I agree with you in this case. I guess the idea was to press it in a yellowish color similar to Tom's shirt and printed font, but.... yes, it's canary yellow. :mad:

Edit: just picked up my US original and the fonts in the cover are printed in a more vivid yellow than I thought. Still, not a very appealing color, I give you that.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  23. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Anyone else looking forward to Foreign Affairs being reissued?
    I can't find my original, will be looking for this one next.

24. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

Looking forward too. I hope they'll release it exclusevely in canary yellow:laughup: vinyl. :pineapple:

25. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

The one I’m waiting for is Heartattack and Vine, that’s one of my top 5 Waits and I hope it gets a good remaster.

oldjollymon and Dark Horse 77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.