Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I agree, enough of that Sweeny, though excellently acted the character has already been done too much. Let's get on to next week's back-stabbing and in-fighting.

2. Lonson

I think it will end with the State Attorney revealing he's really from the future.

jpelg likes this.
  3. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

The last two seasons (IIRC) ended with someone knocking on a door, 2012 it was Kalinda's husband, in 2013, it was either Alicia or Cary (can't remember)...

4. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

you are right, but I'm just surprised they went with that storyline without ever bringing it up again. And Julius hasn't been around since

It was Cary..but it could have been Will. We didn't know till the first episode of this season.

5. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I really thought there was going to be a subplot about the electronics manufacturer "LG" coming after Lockhart Gardner for copyright infringement.

Harry

6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Louis Canning and David. What a pair.

8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Alan Cumming makes this show so much more watchable. Barking "Coffee!!" to an underling, his facial expressions during Finn's interview, last week's "I'm not worthy" bowing down to Peter-this guy makes the most out of every scene he's in.

Doug Sclar likes this.
  9. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I thought the season finale was less than stellar compared to previous ones...Diane looking to join Florrick-Argos and Eli offering Alicia the State Attorney's position was a far cry from Kalinda pointing a gun at her apartment door from 2 years ago, IMO...

10. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Frankly I'm tired of season-ending cliffhangers. They rarely have a better payoff than setup and have worn out their welcome. So while this one set up certain characters to have decisions to make, that's better than someone pointing a gun. We all saw how "popular" that Kalinda and her ex story was.

This episode was OK - not the best, but it'll serve as a launching point for next year.

Harry

11. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Totally agree. Why does it have to be literally "whiz-bang"? This isn't an action-drama.

12. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I guess we'll have some answers in 5 months somewhere between 9 to 11 PM.

13. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

There was more plot jammed into that episode than most shows have for an entire season. As soon as it became clear that Diane was hesitant about running for SA (like, when they asked her) I knew they were going to ask Alicia. And I predict she will turn it down. I think she badly wants Diane to join the firm as an ally against Cary (deep down I don't think Alicia and Cary trust each other as far as they could throw them). Nice rude awakening from Cary about how Kalinda is using him.
    No moss growing on this show. Now they desperately need to get it off Sunday night!

14. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

So what happened between Gov. Florrick and that intern? That was last week's cliffhanger and it wasn't answered this week, unless I blinked and missed it. Seems like that would have been a good cliffhanger for the season, consistent with earlier seasons endings, and it feels like like maybe someone did some last minute juggling around with the editing, which is fine with me. Now there's the possibility Alicia will run for state's attorney, which could be a very interesting change of pace - seeing her struggle as a politician with a personality totally foreign to waging any sort of political campaign.

15. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I don't see Alicia running for State Attorney - too much of a game changer, also brings too much attention to her relationship with Peter, also would put too much attention on her past clients. The Diane situation is interesting - Florrick Agos would be many times sparring with Lockhart Gardner - a firm whose title would now be empty - no Lockhart, no Gardner. Would other partners come with her (Julius Caine). David Lee is a divorce attorney - not capable of being at the helm. Louis Canning - unless there is a miracle recovery - has limited time left.

I think one of the things that sets this show apart from so many others is the strong female characters.

I see something happening with Zack. Wasn't the reason Finn ran for State Attorney that he couldn't be fired? Where will Kalinda end up? Who ate the lasagna?

These are many more questions will be answered on the next episode of "The Good Wife".

16. shokhead

Nothing has happened yet!

17. colinu

"All My Children" star Matthew Cowles, husband of "The Good Wife" actress Christine Baranski, has died at age 69.

Sad news.

18. shokhead

Wow! That's to bad. Thinking of her.

19. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Oh, man. Flashback!

Used to love Billy Clyde Tuggle with his unkept head and slime and sandpaper voice.

20. colinu

Nothing like hitting the ground running.

I'm smelling an Emmy nom for Matt Czuchry.

Rufus McDufus and RoyalScam like this.
  21. Lonson

Great episode!

22. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Great start, despite CBS's continuously trying to sabatoge it with football pre-emptions.

23. colinu

Get rid of the NFL!

24. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Or just move "The Good Wife" back to Tuesday or any other night but Sunday.

25. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I got the first 26 minutes on DVR. Looks like a very good episode. Now I have to wait till whenever it hits On Demand, to see the rest. This reminded me that I need to also program to series record the show that immediately follows it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.