Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I remember reading before the season started that a lot of things this season will be revolving around the past and future actions of Kalinda. I think the "death" of her estranged husband will come back to haunt her as well as current events on the show...

2. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

A very well-thought out response. In the meantime you might consider using the "reply" button so I'm notified when you actually reply to my comments.

3. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

I agree. It's hard for a primetime network show to remain engaging after 6 seasons and many other shows would either rest on their procedural laurels or try to overcompensate with new, not-fully realized characters. The Good Wife remains as unpredictable and watchable as ever, which is by no means an attempt by me to brand it a perfect show, but I simply don't see the drop in quality that some others are ascribing to it. I'm almost waiting for myself to lose interest in Alicia's run for SA, and yet the show continuously keeps me hooked in that regard as well. Again, this is not a show without its flaws, but I'm consistently engaged on a weekly basis, which is more than I can say for about 95% of the other TV shows on the air right now.

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Hell, it's hard for a primetime network show to remain on tv after 6 seasons.

5. shokhead

Don't think they care about graceful or not. Like with Will, we won't expect what happens I hope.

6. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I don't know about the show losing a step. What I do know is The Good Wife and The Affair is my favorite two hour block of television without question.

bopdd likes this.
  7. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

It is interesting to see that some characters have been effectively dropped: David Lee and Robyn Burdine.

I think most of our assumptions about what will happen with Kalinda are too pedestrian. The writers have something else up their sleeves.

8. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

Yes, I also think Lemond Bishop will go this season. I am predicting it will be patricide.

9. modrevolve

Well now that Lockhart/Gardner are no longer in the building, I doubt we will see much of David Lee unless one of the clients is going through a divorce.
    Nathan Lane is on Broadway I believe which is why Clark is never around.

Not sure why Robyn isn't more involved..seems like the actress isn't too thrilled either.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyorley/jess-weixler-is-missing-from-season-6-of-the-good-wife

10. shokhead

I like here and they need more of her.

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I hadn't noticed that Robyn had disappeared, but you're right. Kind of odd, especially since Kalinda will be gone by the end of this season...

David Lee I like as seasoning, but I don't care if we don't see him all the time. Same with Nathan Lane's character. Less is more.

Michael J Fox is really good as a foil for Alica, and I hope he returns periodically, but I am glad we don't see him every week.

12. shokhead

A little of Fox goes a long way.{his character}

colinu likes this.
  13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Imagine - Last night's episode actually started on schedule!

14. The Wanderer

The characterizations are becoming too exaggeratedly stereotypical

15. The Wanderer

Compliments and advice, most gratefully accepted; keep up the good work and a close eye on this thread.

16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I don't share that opinion, but regardless. .. to me they seem to be generally the same as when they started out, which suggests to me they aren't "jumping" anything.

Rufus McDufus and bopdd like this.
  17. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Depended on your location. Here in the Tampa market, the show was delayed 17 minutes. In Orlando, they ran an earlier NFL game and none later, so it was on time in Orlando.

Harry

18. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Just started watching this on Netflix. Just thought it would be normal run of the mill court drama but it's...really good!

Tex_Writer likes this.
  19. The Wanderer

Actually, in general, I agree.

I don't want Kalinda to follow in the NCIS-Abby footsteps from interesting quirky characterization to SuperWoman and although really pleased to see Michael J. Fox working, the courtroom antics and Judge's reaction were disruptive to realism, breaking the moment. Also, I'm not buying the Cary drug prosecution subplot.

Overall, still mostly original and entertaining.

Atmospheric likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just got around to watching this week's episode. IMHO, there's too much Kalinda in these last few episodes. She is a great supporting character, but when the show has broadened her part (such as when the ex husband appeared) it isn't so good. I think the same of these last few episodes.

The focus group stuff was fun, and was the kind of rooted-in-reality stuff that the show does very well.

It feels like Lamond Bishop has to go down, which will remove the interest in prosecuting Cary. It's not clear how he otherwise extricates himself. Once that trial is over, Alicia will be free to have a relationship with the opposing attorney. Or not.

21. carlygtr56

carlygtr56 Active Member

I'm hoping Michael J Fox's character dies soon. He's the #1 show-killer, IMO

Doug Sclar likes this.
  22. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

I heard that Archie Panjabi is leaving the show after this season. Maybe this is all building to another grand and permanent exit, ala Will Gardner (Josh Charles).

23. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Yep, that was hidden away as a spoiler somewhere upthread. But now that it seems to be out there, I do agree that this is all leading up to an elaborate exit for Kalinda, which will work as a surprise for those who don't follow entertainment news.

24. modrevolve

Spoiler Alert..Ramona's band was supposed to be the next Sleater-Kinney :D

25. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I don't think they'll kill Kalinda off-they already went there with Will and I don't think you can kill off 2 main characters so closely to each other without seeming desperate to shake up the story. I think she just disappears, with the obvious option to bring her back if circumstances merit it.
    I do miss David Lee's snark, though.
    And was I the only one who though Alicia and Finn had already slept together?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.