Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Sounds like it.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

More complete description:

A former client contacts Alicia after being charged with murder connected to a 2009 case. Alicia reminisces about when a very public sex and political-corruption scandal landed her husband, Peter, in prison, and how Alicia had to get past the humiliation and betrayal and assume responsibility for her family. She also recalls how she resumed her career as a defense attorney, shedding her persona as the embarrassed wife of a politician, and took charge of her destiny.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

It was okay. A transitional episode. . . next week will be interesting.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

A very clever episode indeed. It could have so easily been a clip-type show, as some alluded to, but instead it showcased a hybrid structure including past scenes as flashbacks, including scenes which may not have actually been shown before (as far as I can remember) and interwove everything into a new case and a new future direction for the show (if it gets renewed). Truly, an excellent episode.

bopdd likes this.
  5. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

It's looking like the cliffhanger will involve another "someone opening up a door scenario", this time Alicia gets the honors (I could be wrong, as she is shown opening her door in the preview, possible looking for partners for her next venture)...

6. Lonson

I predict it's something more predictable: Kalinda.

7. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It had better be since there's only one episode left...

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Good episode, if not a hard-hitting finale. A couple of noteworthy scenes. The bar scene between Alicia and Kalinda positively dripped with meta irony (given the real world dynamic between the two actresses). And the final scene, which was both unexpected and somehow satisfying as a possible springboard to another season.

bopdd likes this.
  10. Lonson

Ugh. More Michael J. Fox on the horizon. His character in this series does nothing for me.

Weird to see Kalinda just walking away and not seeing her in this series any longer. And she looked happy to do so, not at all anxious, etc.

Well, maybe next season will be better, this was the first season of this show I wasn't just head over heels for.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  11. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I had only recently heard of the disharmony between the two actresses. I watched the scene - it was so carefully framed that it is possible the two actresses shot the scene separately, and "hair doubles" (you saw the hair, you never saw the face) used too.

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Not a bad episode...except for a pretty pathetic reach for a "cliffhanger" that Michael J. Fox would get incensed that his competitors didn't want his wife working for them and potentially having access to confidential material...

13. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Totally agree, Michael J Fox's character doesn't add anything to this series, I just think the producers feel sorry for him (IMO). I will miss Kalinda with the boots and mini skirts, hopefully someone else will fill the void...I guess we'll find out for sure on Thursday...

14. shokhead

They should have just let him die off on his death bed.

15. shokhead

From a little bit of reading around I did it seems Margulies just didn't want Archie Panjabi and Jess Weixler in the show anymore.

16. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

That doesn't say very much about her as a person, other than I-don't-want-anyone-else-looking-hotter-or-stealing-the-limelight-from-me-no-matter-what!

17. shokhead

Well that's a good guess but we haven't read why or if it's even true but it sounds like it is. OTOH, hard to keep something like that on the down low from the media.

The only thing that shows what Panjabi might do is San Andreas and nothing after that.

18. shokhead

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I'm no expert, but that scene had a CGI look to it to me...

20. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

The article is interesting for what it doesn't say - she talks about saying goodbye to the crew but not the cast. While the animosity between her and MarguLIES has been inferred, it seems she wasn't close to any of the other cast members.

As for Michael J. Fox, I don't think this will go anywhere. I do think that his character's wife will be working with Alicia.

I also have to say, this is the gayest show on TV.

21. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I haven't seen one shred of hard evidence about a feud between Margulies and Panjabi. Isn't it entirely plausible that the storyline that developed on TGW would separate these two characters? I thought it was quite possible that Alicia would have a very hard time forgiving Kalinda for sleeping with Peter-these are the kind of things that last years in real life. And about all of that supposed CGI in that bar scene-I'm not buying it (or seeing it, for that matter). These are professional, top-tier, Emmy-winning actors. You think everyone on TV loves their castmates?

22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It seems infeasible that a popular character's role would atrophy to the extent that it had without a reason. Since the actors aren't speaking publicly, what would be 'hard evidence'?

There have been plenty of carefully worded, diplomatic statements (and things conspicuous for not being said) from the producers and the actresses over time, which makes the feud more believable than not.

23. shokhead

It still seems any kind of so called feud would be all over the place inc TMZ. Has it been?

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No, that makes no sense. Even if you decided that you were going to keep Alicia and Kalinda as arm's length frenemies for the duration of the show, you would still have them share scenes. That kind of animosity can make for good drama. The fact that they NEVER appear together makes no sense from any POV EXCEPT that either the actresses do not get along or that there's some other behind the scenes issue with the actress that plays Kalinda.

25. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It would be one thing if the two characters just never spoke again -- but they did continue to interact, only it was always on the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.