Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The latest ep was a fluffy comedy episode. I didn't mind it.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

It's was fine. I enjoyed it.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

CBC likes this.
  4. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I'm thinkin' this ends like Seinfeld - the whole damned lot of them in prison.

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I can't see why. Nothing in the last episode would seem to point to that conclusion.

6. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

The Blair Underwood scene with his daughter being shot and killed for me was maybe the most gut wrenching since Will's death. The other storylines I kind of just :shrug:

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Really? Like who?

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

You don't think the ominous way they left the grand jury situation seemed like it was good news for several of the characters?

9. colinu

Well Stockard Channing, Carrie Preston and Dallas Roberts were in the previous week's episode. Also Michael Urie.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Well, I don't know. That whole subplot doesn't feel very substantial to me. In fact, it's being played for laughs with Eli and his magical handicapped eavesdropping bathroom and the comedy jurors, etc. Then there's Peter's lawyer who just stands around cradling his damn chivava. It just comes across as fluff.

Also, prominent politicians rarely wind up in jail regardless of their sins - I could name a few real life cases currently in the news, but we can't talk real politics here, so...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  11. colinu

Oh wait, maybe the last year or so has all been a dream, and Alicia will wake up in Will's arms.

12. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

I was going to make a joke after Sunday's episode about Bobby Ewing coming out of the shower, but I thought I might be the only one that feels that the producers have apparently decided that they don't actually need writers for the final few episodes of the series.

However, since it appears I'm not alone in that opinion, I feel much better...!!

- Kevin

13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There have been dozens of recurring and (no longer) regular characters. So they brought in a few recurring characters in their recurring roles for the 4th to last episode...not exactly a news flash.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Just because you don't buy it, that doesn't mean that the way the last episode ended and the trailer for next week weren't intended to imply it.

15. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Here is what remains:

Episode # 7-18 27 Mar 16 Unmanned
    Episode# 7-19 17 Apr 16 Landing
    Episode# 7-20 24 Apr 16 No Title Given
    Episode# 7-21 01 May 16 No Title Given
    Episode# 7-22 08 May 16 End

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I don't watch (spoilers) trailers, but yes, it's true, things can play out almost any way given that that they've abandoned consistency for some time now.

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ep 21 was excellent! Quality wise, it felt like old times. I could even forgive the office renovation silliness because the central case was so good.

18. shokhead

Only one left!

19. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I love English actors who can successfully pull off the American accent, and she does it effortlessly. I'd watch a spinoff starring her and Cary.

20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

A young, fresh-faced Hill staffer gets her first job in Washington, D.C. to discover two things: The government has stopped working, and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers.

Is this a comedy or a documentary?

22. colinu

Beat ya to it back in January.

23. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Great minds think alike ... and fools seldom differ. :)

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  24. colinu

Yup, we're Canadian. I was going to say you got to it half an hour later (as in Newfoundland).

25. shokhead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.