Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

An article that I read about the upcoming spin-off seemed to highlight that Christine Baranski and the Knights really enjoy working with one another and that was the reason that a Lockhart based show was created. But yeah, it could have been that it was too difficult working with some cast members.

As much as I like Baranski and Jumbo. . . if it goes on a streaming network I'll probably miss it. I don't stream yet, don't seem motivated to, and I watch so much TV as is.

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Note that the Kings are only planning to work on the pilot -- they won't be running the show.

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

You may well be. In interviews, the Kings have said that the grinding schedule of producing 22 or so episodes per season was becoming too hectic - they could see themselves repeating storylines and after seven seasons, they needed a rest from the grind. The new shows they'll be working on will have a much reduced season episode count. No need to pile-on on Margulies for absolutely everything!

4. The final episode sucked.

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

As with many series, tired, formulaic writing, new uninteresting characters, and repetitive plot devices did the series in. This season was much better than last year, but I think too many people gave up after the mess that was the penultimate season.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Finally got around to watching the finale.

While I don't think it's as bad as some have said (we do know what happens to Peter), it also didn't put a nice bow on things.

In terms of the quality of the show in general, I think Will's death sent things sideways and they never really recovered the right balance after that. I still wonder why the actor REALLY left the show. It's not as if he's had a lot to do since leaving. But he did show up for the final episode, so it's also (apparently) not that he was hated. Who knows? There were some very good episodes after Will left, but the equilibrium was always off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.