Tool for setting cartridge azimuth

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by James Glennon, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Visual Analyzer looks interesting. Wish I had a clue as to how to set it up.

2. DaleH

DaleH Forum Resident

There is a learning curve but it's a powerful tool. Adjust+ looks like the ticket. That fozgo thing not so much. If Soundsmith ever got the cartright, or whatever he calls it, finished I would trust that more. All the adjustments are a moving targets though and vary a bit for each record played. I would just get the cartridge level and square in all planes and if it sounds good it probably is good. Life is too short.:)

3. VinBob

VinBob Forum Resident

Hello All,
    Well, I was at the Brooklyn NY Audio show this past weekend and was able to pick up a Fozgometer which was only used once and returned according to the dealer! - I couldn't pass it up at $200 as it is very straightforward to use and seems to get very good reviews and people swear by it - so I think I should be good going forward although I ended up spending more $$ which I was hoping to avoid!!! :doh:

Just need to figure out how to use it with my Hi-Fi News Test LP which I believe has tracks on it for me to be able to set the Azimuth and once I have dialed it in, I should be done with that aspect of my TT setup...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.