Toonheads - Bullwinkle DVD set out Tuesday 8/5/03

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by indy mike, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Toonheads - take the pennies you've been saving and wrap 'em quick - the first installment of the Bullwinkle sets is due out Tuesday. Cheapest I've seen so far is Target at $24.99 - pretty good discount offa the $39.99 list price! :thumbsup: I don't have a Costco so that's the best I've found locally....

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

"Now here's something we hope you'll really like!!":agree: :goodie:

Must get moose and squirrel!:thumbsup:

P.S. Fan mail from some flounder??:confused: :laugh:

3. indy mike

I've got a hankering for some Mooseberries....

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a DVD out of my hat!

"But that trick never worked...."

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

"This time for sure!"........................

"Ooops. I better get a new hat!"

6. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

At the price Target charges, I'd like to see the sales figures sent to every music company exec. "Sir, charging a fair price can lead to us actually selling things."

Anyone see any reviews online for this set? I'm going to get it Tuesday at Target, but was curious about video quality, etc.

A couple other questions - how many seasons did this show run? The DVD features include a preview of the season two DVD set. Also, any rumors/hints on other Jay Ward series coming out on DVD? Underdog was a big favorite of mine as a kid.

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Underdog was not Jay Ward.

8. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Whoops. Thought it was.

9. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No, just the Bullwinkle stuff, the Hoppity Hooper series and those George Of The Jungle cartoons (and Tom Slick, Super Chicken, etc.)

10. reechie

reechie Senior Member

11. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Thanks Rich and Steve.

Interesting, I've never researched them, but I always thought because of the animation and structure of the shows that they were done by the same creator.

Trivia bit - characters in the Simpsons all have the middle initial (or middle name, Jay, in Homer's case) "J" as a tribute to Jay Ward.

12. indy mike

The Ward toons and Underdog toons were animated in the same place in Mexico - Gamma (pronounced like llama) Productions in Mexico. Other than that, there's no relation between Ward and the company that produced Underdog. If you want a great source of info about Jay Ward, track down a copy of The Moose That Roared by Keith Scott. It's got the lowdown on Bullwinkle, Hoppity Hooper, Dudley Doright, Fractured Flickers and the Quaker Cereal commercials (Crusader Rabbit also gets a lengthy discussion)...

13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'm really looking forward to this, too, though I'll have to wait for mine in the mail. $23.99 with free shipping from deepdiscountdvd.com

14. indy mike

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers!!!!! I looked over at Termite Terrace and a guy says his Wal-Mart has the Bullwinkle DVD set out already! They apparently have some stuff like Dudley Do-Right episodes (which weren't in the first couple years' original release) BUT the infamous Stokey the Bear Do-Right episode is on one of the discs!!!! Here's a link to the action....

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=83930

15. indy mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.